Friday, July 31, 2026

Final Frugal Friday of July 2026



Welcome to Frugal Friday

Each Friday here at Frugal Workshop, I love sharing the frugal wins, quiet savings, and simple strategies that helped us stretch our budget over the past seven days. It’s a gentle look back at the small things that make a big difference. 

My Frugal Week

This was a quiet week here mostly spent at home except for Tuesday when I had a tutoring session and spent the evening at the theater. 

I made myself a walking track in Dad's workshop downstairs. I spent an hour and forty-five minutes walking on Wednesday morning and had my 10,000 steps in before 10:30 in the morning. It will be a great place to walk when it’s too hot, too cold, or rainy to walk outside. He has other exercise equipment down there, so this makes a good addition. 

Other Frugal Things

- Ate all meals at home using what’s here ~ no grocery shopping.
- I cut my own hair this week & even got a compliment on it.

Cleaning

- I took all of our Skinny Syrups off the risers in our kitchen and washed each bottle, the risers, and the counter top underneath. 

Yard Sale Saturday

I wasn’t going to yard sale last weekend, but when Bailey woke up she wanted to go and asked me to come along. I came back with a free stool, free notebook, and five sets of divider tabs for the notebook for only 25 cents. Tomorrow we are going to a thrift store going out of business sale where clothes will be selling for "all you can fit in a Walmart bag" for $1.00. 

Saving Money on Entertainment

Bailey & I went to see Toy Store 5 in the theater on $6 Tuesday and picked up our two free bags of popcorn. The writing was as good as all the other Toy Story films and kept with the original storyline. We will definitely watch it again someday.

My Reading Nook ~ What I've been Reading This Week

Bailey and I went by the library to have our summer reading form stamped and picked up a plant for reading fifteen books this summer. We turned in our forms to be entered into the drawing since today was the last day. 

How was your week?



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda ðŸ«¶ 
💕 Homemaker at Heart ðŸ’• 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

19 comments:

  1. I love that you have your own walking space!!! That’s something I’m hoping to start doing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. I love my new walking space. My shins have been sore this week from all the walking I've done. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love your list! You were quite frugal. I haven't seen the recent toy story movies. With a little grandson, that may change. Enjoy your weekend! Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura. I hope you enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  3. Ate out twice this week, and now want violin hunker down spending fir August. I so hope we have no more excessive heat days because then eating outside, coffee, cool becerage outside, feels so nice that I don't want to go elsewhere! Great job on the garage sales. I might pop into a few tomorrow. Now that I committedcto the cruise, taking a peek at what others might be getting rid of that might feel new to me as cruise wear might beca good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a good ide on the cruise wear, Sam. I love getting clothes on the second hand market because if I don't like them I haven't spent very much money at all.

      Delete
  4. I wish we had a 6 buck movie day here and I would go!
    July was an expensive month here and we need to rein in our spending during August. Meaning cut down on the number of times we eat out, and cut out unnecessary spending (she said right as they got back from eating lunch out)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Anne. I LOVE eating out, so I understand.

      Delete
  5. Dear Belinda, I also love your list, dear friend! You cut your own hair??? And you got a compliment on it? Wow, you are amazing!
    You did great being frugal and sensible, too, on the food front.
    I hope you and Bailey have a lovely weekend! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I hope you're having a great weekend too. Cheryl over at Cheryl's Frugal Corner cuts and dyes her own hair too. It's a real money saver.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a good week!
    Wow, you are doing great with the walking! What a good idea to make an indoor track. Do you listen to books and music while you walk? Great finds at the yard sale, and I hope you find some treasures at the thrift store. Sure can't beat a bag of clothes for $1. Have fun!
    Glad you enjoyed Toy Story! I haven't seen the latest one yet, but my daughter, son and dil really liked it. Son said that dil cried, so I hope no toys were harmed in the making of it. ;)
    Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes, I listen to books and podcasts while I'm walking. I told Bailey if we find a good deal on a TV while yard sailing, we should get one for down there. Then we can hook up our phones or laptops to it and see the big screen. LOL

      I won't spill the beans on Toy Story 5, it's definitely a keeper though. tee hee

      Delete
  7. I love those quiet stay at home weeks. Good going on making yourself a walking track of sorts. That is great when weather is foul. I love walking and started again this week. It had been too hot. It sure releases stress and just gives me quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, Cheryl. Yes, it has been so hot outside! It really does make you feel good and gives me a lot of time to think.

      Delete
  8. First of all, I want to say how very proud I am of you that you are still doing so great with your health journey. I wish we lived close to each other so that maybe your healthy attitude would rub off on me! I'm supposed to go to a yard sale of a family friend tomorrow, so I hope I find some great deals like you do! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bobbi. I appreciate your friendship and support so much. I hope you find some great deals at the yard sales, it's so much fun! Cheap entertainment for sure. LOL
      I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  9. I hope you win something from the library...summer reading programs are fun. I'm been doing ours -seems like though I'm finding it hard to find time to read. I need to find smaller books. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie, Summer reading programs are fun. I find it hard to make the time to read too, but really buckled down this summer and have enjoyed it so much. I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  10. I love that you have your own walking space! I've walked circles in my garage many days when I can't get outside. I enjoy a slow, home week like you just enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...