Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WFD ~ Tuesday 4-26-2011

Dinner tonight consisted of Cheeseburgers, Potato Salad, and Cole Slaw, which were all homemade. The Hamburgers were Angus burgers, which were given to me by a friend, and my Dad gave me the tomatoes, which he picked up at the flea market on Sunday. The tomatoes were so ripe and good tasting  and not at all like the store bought tomatoes available here at this time of year. This dinner cost me less than $3.00 to fix for my family, although it would have been considerably more if I had to buy the meat and tomatoes, but still cheaper than take out. 

You may wonder why the cheeseburger is surrounded by aluminum foil. The reason for that is because my sweet daughter loves to eat out and she would rather eat out than have a meal at home. So in my efforts to show her that home cooked meals are just as good as take out I tried to make her cheeseburger special by wrapping it in aluminum foil. She said it was a great tasting cheeseburger, so I know my efforts were not wasted. I have a friend who used to buy happy meal toys at yard sale and serve them to her kids once a week with a home cooked meal. Just something fun to do for the kids, and they seem to enjoy it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...