Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dixie Crystals Sugar Deal at Bi-Lo

Bi-Lo has the four pound bag of Dixie Crystals sugar on sale this week for $1.99. Walmart's Great Value brand was $2.78 tonight, so this is a good deal. I actually price matched some at Walmart, and they let me have the five pound bags for $1.99, so I bought 20 pounds of sugar for $7.96, which is a good deal considering the price of sugar lately. Walmart sells the 25 pound bag of sugar for over $13, so again this is a good deal. I read over at Southern Savers that there was a coupon for Dixie Crystals in the 4-10-11 coupon inserts, but my coupon inserts did not have the coupon, which is OK because I think I got a good deal even without a coupon. 

On a side note, here is a link to Granny Miller's website and how she stored 30 pounds of sugar in mason jars:

http://homesteadgardenandpantry.com/pantry/more-vacuum-storage-food-tips/

2 comments:

  1. Locally, the IGA has Domino 5 lb bags of sugar for . . . $5.49. Thud! I got some at Aldi over the weekend. Much less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, $5.49 is unreal! Not sure if you read this or not...

    http://homesteadgardenandpantry.com/pantry/more-vacuum-storage-food-tips/

    Granny Miller talks about the price of sugar rising. I think the price of gas is going to be a big reason we continue to see rising grocery prices. Looking forward to reading about your Aldi trip.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...