Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Saving Money on Breakfast




Today I made 30 sausage biscuits for the freezer in an effort to save money on breakfast costs. 

We've gotten into the habit of stopping at McDonald's two or three times a week to buy either Sausage Biscuits or Sausage McMuffins off the Dollar Menu. That was adding up to around $15 or so every week. 

Today I bought some sale priced Swaggerty's sausage and sale priced Grands biscuits and made my own sausage biscuits. 

I wrapped each one in aluminum foil and put them in the freezer. Now all I have to do for breakfast is take one out and remove the foil, wrap it in a paper towel and stick it in the microwave for less than a minute. 

The savings are significant.

Swaggerty's Sausage - 30 patties - $7.68
Grands Biscuits - 3 tubes - $3.96
Total - $11.64

Price of each biscuit - 39 cents
Price of 30 Sausage Biscuits from McDonald's - $30.00
 Savings: $18.36

Yearly Savings - $220.32

Belinda
Living Within Our Means 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great cost cutting solution. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol. They have really come in handy since I made them. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Will have to keep them on hand from here on out.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...