Monday, April 18, 2011

Food Lion & Campbell's Soup


Food Lion has had a couple of unadvertised specials on Campbell's soup both last week and this week. I just happened to be in there both times looking for clearance priced dented can sales, also known as, Crash and Burn items, thanks to Carol in CT's son. Last week I was going to be making Cube Steaks for dinner and I always like to include a can of Campbell's Beefy Mushroom soup to use as gravy and I normally pay $1.55 for the can, but Food Lion had a sale on the soups priced at 10 for $10.00. I was shocked when I saw the sale because it had not been advertised in the sale flyer. Needless to say I stocked up and bought 12 cans for myself and a couple for my Father who also likes to cook with the soup. 

This week I was in Food Lion again looking for Crash and Burn items when I came across another unadvertised sale on Campell's soups. The 26 & 1/4 ounce Family Size cans of soup were on sale 2 for $3.00. These are the cans that are normally price $2.39 and up, so this was also a good sale. They even had our favorites on sale, which include the Vegetable Beef soup and the Chicken and Rice soup. Needless to say I stocked up on these as well.

3 comments:

  1. More great deals, nice that you share with Dad.Canned soups are ubber expensive. I also try to get them as cheaply as possible. Ready to serve style for $1 or so, I also keep cr mush, golden mush, tomato, ck rice, ck noodle, bean w/ bacon, lentil etc when I can get a deal, on the cellar shelves. Pulled out a can of cr ck tonight to make a quick gravy as i came home late. reheated some sliced turkey deli meat, added some herbs and served it over leftover sr cream-chive mashed potatoes, side of steam bag veggies I just got for 49 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good dinner, Carol. I just read your blog post about it. DD wanted to go out to eat tonight after school, but I talked her out of it with dinner at home. It was quick..hot dogs, cole slaw, and potato salad, but it tasted good, so I'm happy.

    Canned soup is so convenient to have on hand when you are sick. I like to keep chicken noodle on hand for such occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! While I am pretty much a from scratch cook, if a convenience item on hand saves me from take out, I am all for it!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...