Thursday, November 16, 2023

Home Remedies ~ Saltwater Gargle

Image Credit

Back when I was growing up, whenever I had a sore throat, my mother would tell me to gargle saltwater, which is a simple, safe, money saving, old-time home remedy. They are often used for sore throats, colds, or sinus infections. 

You can gargle with saltwater everyday if you choose to or even make it a seasonal practice in the fall and winter months. Also, if you feel like you have a scratchy throat or feel like you have a cold coming. 

A saltwater rinse is even good when you've had dental work done. 

All you need is around eight ounces of warm water and about half a teaspoon of salt and then gargle with this mixture. 


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

5 comments:

  1. I had to do a salt water rinse for two weeks after my dental surgery. It kept my mouth clean and helped with the healing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a tooth extracted last month and did a saltwater rinse too, Jackie. It was very helpful and healing. I hope and pray you are continuing to heal.

      Delete
  2. I still do from time to time. That was our remedy growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was Mom's remedy back when she was growing up too.

      Delete
  3. My daughter has always been prone to sore throats and I was forever telling her, "Gargle with salt water." You should have seen her face after going to the ER with one and they told her, "Gargle with salt water..." lol. Lots of money to get the same advice mom was giving her for free.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...