Friday, June 16, 2023

Third Frugal Friday of June 2023



Welcome to Friday! 

My Frugal Week

Last Friday our local thrift store had their monthly buggy sale where you can fill a buggy for $20. Bailey went and was able to pick up seventeen articles of clothing and a few pieces of small Tupperware for the kitchen. 

We took down the bathroom curtains this week and washed them. When they were dried there was a small tear in one of the panels, which was quickly taken care of on the sewing machine. 

I ordered some Bilberry Extract, Lutein, and  Zeaxanthin from Puritan’s Pride this week.  One of the books I’m currently reading, Live Better, Longer mentions bilberry for improving night vision and good eye health. Puritan’s pride has a great article about eye health and foods to eat to improve your eye health, and they offer discounts on vitamins and free shipping with certain orders. 

This Weeks to do List

Daily Kitchen Tasks
Wash Eggs
Laundry
Kitchen Laundry
Steaming & Process

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

One dish we’ve been making lately is cottage cheese bowls. One of the ladies I follow on TikTok (Tanya ~ takingmylifebackat42) makes these meals, so I tried the Taco cottage cheese bowl and it was good, and on Monday I made the  lasagne bowl. Both were good, but I preferred the taco bowl more.  

Meals This Week

All meals are served with either salad or vegetables and may not always be listed here. 

* If you see a dinner in bold print that means we had it more than once this week.

Tacos with all the fixings. 😋 

Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Potatoes, Corn on the Cob. I made the chicken nuggets using one can of chicken, one egg, and 1/4 cup of cheese and then air fried them. 

Homemade Chili using pinto beans I made a few days ago. 

Lasagne Cottage Cheese Bowls, Stir Fried Vegetables. I used my lasagne recipe for this dish. I just made the meat sauce and then added cottage cheese to each dish. 

Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Salads
Chicken Fajitas, Corn on the Cob. 
Chicken Souvlaki, Pita Bread, Greek Salad. 

What I've been Reading This Week

Live Better, Longer by Richard A. Passwater, Ph. D. 

Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree




~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27





10 comments:

  1. (Little Penpen) Hi Belinda. Sounds like a good week. I would LOVE to fill a buggy for $20. That sounds like so much fun. My husband and I started a keto plan this week. Im going to check out those cottage cheese bowls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buggy sales are so much fun! I also add kitchen items when we are done looking at the clothes. 😊

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week! Great deal with the buggy sale. Hope that the extracts help with vision. Let us know if you can tell a difference. I need to check out that cottage cheese taco bowl.
    I made chicken burrito bowls this week, and I tried Mary Hunt's(Everyday cheapskate) cilantro lime rice. It was a little odd in that you make it like pasta by boiling the rice and then straining it. My family really liked it, but what a strange way to cook rice. ;)
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I’ve read about that way of cooking rice, but haven’t tried it. Cilantro rice is delicious. We can get it from a local restaurant here, but I’ll have to try making my,own. Your chicken burrito bowl sounds delicious. I might make that for dinner tonight. Thanks for the inspiration. 😊

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to be able to fill a buggy for $20. Here we are lucky if things get marked down and those items disappear very quickly.

    Cottage cheese bowls sound very interesting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. The buggy sales are a good money saver for sure. 😊

      Delete
  4. That is an awesome deal at the thrift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. A cottage cheese bowl combines a protein (meat sauce, taco meat, chicken, etc) and cottage cheese to stretch the meat and add more protein. If you’ve ever made lasagne with cottage cheese, it’s basically the same thing.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...