Friday, June 23, 2023

Fourth Frugal Friday of June 2023



Welcome to Friday! 

Quote of the Week

My Frugal Week

Last Friday we went to ten different yard sales. Bailey picked up 120 pieces of inventory for her online shops and only paid $1.00 each. One of the things I picked up was a small tv set with a dvd player. It came to my attention recently that we need one when we have company, and I was able to pick this up for only $20. 

Saturday was a busy day in the kitchen. I woke up at 7:30 and went in there to work and didn’t sit down until after 3:00 o’clock. Of course, I was going in and out doing other things like garbage, laundry, and ironing/steaming. 


On Sunday we decided to have a spa/tea day. We bought our paraffin wax melter second hand a few years ago and we often find wax for it in the second hand markets as well. Using the waxer makes our hands so soft and smooth. Bailey also did her elbows and you can also do your feet. 

On Monday I had two doctors appointments and had to get an injection in my eye again. He said my eye was better this time than last time, but I figure that was because I returned in four weeks instead of six. 

This Weeks to do List

Daily Kitchen Tasks
Wash Eggs
Laundry
Kitchen Laundry
Steaming & 

Avoiding Spending

We were unable to avoid spending any money this week as I needed to fill up my car with gas, we went to multiple yard sales, and I bought a watermelon to enjoy this week. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

I’ve been in use it up mode lately and used up a box of green tea that I had on hand by making a half gallon of it and keeping it in the refrigerator. 

I soaked some dry garbanzo beans/chick peas for chicken salad one day. We had that for lunches several days his week. 

Meals This Week

Friday ~ Taco Chicken Rollups, Corn, Watermelon. 
Saturday ~ Pork Tenderloin, Baked Apples, Corn, Cantaloupe. 
Sunday ~ Chicken Salad made from Chick Peas, 
Monday ~ Grilled Chicken, Mexican Rice, Green Salads. 
Tuesday ~ Movie Night ~ Homemade Pizza and Salad
Wednesday and Thursday ~ Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Peas. 

Saving on Entertainment

Freevee is available to anyone who has a free Amazon account. It doesn’t have an extensive library, but has several noteworthy tv shows and movies. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27



22 comments:

  1. Wow you guys sound very productive. The spa day sounds nice - I give myself every now and then. I am so sorry you have to have those shots - gosh, that sounds so painful. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. Spa days are very relaxing and a fun way to spend the day. The shot is over in just a second, but I honestly dreaded it for about two weeks leading up to it this month. 😢

      I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  2. So true sometimes you have to spend money in order to save money Belinda. What a good week you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. I hope you had a good week too.

      Delete
  3. Great deals for Bailey!
    When our family goes back to their homes I plan on having a complete spa day at the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. Oh, a complete spa day will be luxurious. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I hope that the injections are helping and that your eyes will soon be better.
    Great deal on the inventory, and I hope Bailey will make a nice profit.
    The home spa day sounds like fun although I have never been to an actual spa. Guess I'm not too girly as I don't want a manicure and especially not a pedicure or massage (too ticklish ;)
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy. The doctor said my eye was better this time than it was last time, so I'm happy about that. Bailey asked me if I waned a manicure, but I declined. I wash dishes all day long it seems like and it would not last under those conditions. LOL I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  5. Midsummer murders has about 18 seasons on freevee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’ll be sure to check it out. 😊

      Delete
  6. Oh may Bailey did very well. I haven't gone to any yard sales this year and really should start to do so.

    I bought a small TV years ago with an internal DVD. We take that on holidays all the time, I also have it in my sewing/craft room so as if I am in there for any real length of time I can watch/listen to something as I work.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. We love going to yard sales. I enjoy watching a show or listening to one while I’m working like that too.

      Delete
    2. Hi Belinda
      Often visit but am a silent reader
      Midsummer Murders is a British crime series that is fun to watch - the guest actors are usually good, which makes up for the many plot holes. The scenery is also beautiful- think Thatch cottages and beautiful gardens
      So give it a go
      Mary x

      Delete
    3. Hi Mary, it’s so nice to hear from you. I started the first episode of Midsummer Murders last night and really enjoyed it. We lost power after a storm though, so I’m going to finish it tonight. I really enjoyed what I was able to watch though, so thank you for letting me know about it.

      Delete
  7. You have had a great week around your home Belinda and what great bargains you both found too. You are not having it easy with the eye injections. Praying it will be a while before treatment needed again. God bless I so enjoy reading your updates. We have had very warm weather here very humid. This morning ots about 15 c. I qhve all doors windows op3n . Love the cool air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words. We live in a very humid area too, so I know what that feels like. Having all the doors and windows open when it’s cooler feels so good. I love mornings like that. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. 😊

      Delete
    2. I was showing up as anonymous Belinda! Didn't realise. Wishing you a great week. God bless

      Delete
    3. Blogger does that sometimes. It happens to me too sometimes when I comment on other people’s blog. I wish there was an easy fix for it.

      Delete
  8. (Little Penpen) you and Bailey remind me so much of me and my daughter when she lived nearby. I miss having a running around partner. She scored quite a bit of inventory. Keeping you both busy, right? I hope your eyes continue to improve. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, Penny. Bailey and I do enjoy running around together. Yes, her inventory keeps both of us busy for sure. Thank you for the good wishes about my eyes. I appreciate that so much. I hope you have a great weekend too. 😊

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...