Monday, August 10, 2026

Menu Plan Monday ~ Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen ~ Second Week August 2026


Welcome to Frugal Workshop where every Monday I share the simple strategies used to save money in my kitchen over the past week, along with the meals that made it to our dinner table. You'll find practical tips on how we saved money on food hopefully to inspire your own meal planning using the foods you have in your own pantry.

My Frugal Week

On Thursday I pulled the last of the chicken off the rotisserie chicken bought at Sam's Club. I put the carcass in my crockpot with an onion, sweet potato peelings, and black pepper because that is what I had on hand. I love making liquid gold in my crockpot.  I ended up with five pints of chicken broth, which went right into the freezer. 

I also placed the chicken left from dinner and filled two pint freezer containers with it and froze that for future meals. I picked the biggest rotisserie chicken Sam’s Club had and it paid off.

What’s for Dinner

Monday ~ Rotisserie Chicken, and Cole Slaw. 

Dinner was a rotisserie chicken I picked up at Sam’s Club for $4.98. Combined with coleslaw, it made a great dinner after a day of running errands. 

Tuesday ~ Homemade Pizza

Wednesday ~Loaded Baked Potato, Blackberries, and Fresh Peach. 

Bailey went to the theater with her friend, so I was on my own for dinner. A loaded baked potato worked for me and was inexpensive. Afterwards I had some fresh blackberries and a locally grown peach, which were delicious. 

Thursday ~ Chicken & Onions, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Green Beans with Onions. 

I took the rest of the meat off Monday's chicken and used that to make a skillet of chicken and onions for dinner. I served this with roasted sweet potatoes and green beans with onions I had stored in the freezer from a previous meal. 

Friday ~ Grilled Chicken, Steamed Carrots, Sliced Cucumbers, Sliced Red Bell Peppers. 

Saturday ~ Chicken Breast Filets, California Vegetables, Sliced Cucumbers. 

Sunday ~ Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, Baked Sweet Potatoes, California Vegetables. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week? 


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
~ Living within our Means ~
Frugal Workshop Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...