Friday, June 9, 2023

Second Frugal Friday of June 2023

 


Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

Last Thursday I went by one of our little free pantries to drop off some food items. After running errands I realized that I left one thing behind, so I went back to the pantry and some of the items I donated earlier were no longer there. I love knowing those items will help others feed their families. 💕 

One way we save money here is by recycling jars. The other day we used up a jar of Ocharly’s honey mustard, so I peeled the label off and washed it. This particular label left a bit of residue behind, so I used Goo Gone to clean it up even more. 

I have both Goo Gone wipes and the bottle of the solution. I like to lay a wipe over the sticky area and let it sit on the counter for a while and then when I come back it usually wipes right away. 

I used to use a paper towel for this, but one day I found the wipes on markdown and now I use those. I also save solution on the, from the wipes in the container they came in and they are usually good for several jobs. If they dry out between jobs all I need to do is squirt some from the bottle to get them a little wetter. 

We went grocery shopping and to McKay Used Books on Sunday. I picked up ten new to me books to read this summer and also picked up a blank notebook similar to the one I used for my banking transactions to use when it is full. We didn’t spend any money as we traded books instead. 

In groceries we stocked up for the month on chicken, beef, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, corn meal, corn, olive oil, garlic, salt, oregano, paprika, fifteen beans, sugar free jello, yogurt, pickles, canned fruit, toothpaste, and deodorant. 

My reading glasses broke this week beyond repair, but it’s not a problem as we pick them up whenever we see them second hand for $1.00 or less. So, I have a stash of them on hand for when they break as they tend to do after constant use and taking them off and on repeatedly. 

This Week’s To Do List

Daily Kitchen Tasks
Laundry
Steam and Process
Buy Groceries 

Freebies

Sunday was our local Trade Post event where people bring things (if they have them, no one is turned away) and pick up things for free. This month we brought several smaller things like shampoo packets, a new bottle of Miralax, a shirt, etc.

We picked up some corn, green beans, red onion, and potatoes. Bailey picked up a few clothing items too. I’ve already started a bag of items to donate for next month.

Meals This Week

Burrito Bowls using Lentil “Taco Meat”, onions, tomatoes, and taco sauce. 
Salmon Patties, Green Beans with Onions. 
Sweet & Sour Chicken, Vegetable Egg Rolls, Stir Fried Cabbage. 
Dirty Rice with Ham, Pinto Beans, Corn on the Cob, Cucumber Tomato Salad. 
Pinto Beans, Greens, Yogurt Parfaits. 
Chicken Pitas, Corn on the Cob, Cucumber Salad. 
Salmon, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans.

Saving on Entertainment

Boyhood is a coming of age story filmed over a twelve year period using the same cast members. It is the story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason. 

What I've been Reading This Week

The Complete Keto Diet Cookbook for Beginners #2019



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27



11 comments:

  1. As usual sounds like a good week for you. The meals all sound so good.
    Thank you for the tip on using a wipe on labels! I will definitely try that!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I hope you have a great weekend too. 😊

      Delete
  2. (Little Penpen) I’m a jar saver too. I mostly use them to pour off fat and vegetable oil into- then throw away. Looks like you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I do with some of my jars too, Penny. It works great for that purpose.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good week! Glad you were able to do your monthly stock up with lots of yummy foods. Your meals sound good too. I may fix some burrito bowls next week so everyone can make their own bowl however they want and it is healthy too.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. And thank you for coming to my defense last week. I appreciate that. 😊 we like the burrito bowls as everyone can choose their own toppings. I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had another great frugal week. Hmmm, I need to see if we have those wipes here.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them on markdown at the time, so I don’t know if they still make them or not. They work really well though.

      Delete
  5. My Hubby uses baking soda and water on label residue and it works great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to look for goo gone wipes as I did not know they existed. I have several jars with labels that need to be cleaned. I will just tear a little piece of paper towel for them right now to soak off the label with the spray goo gone that I have right now.
    I wish there were a place to take free things and pick up other things around here.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...