Monday, July 18, 2011

Inexpensive, But Useful Tool


This is a picture out of my homemade checking account register. A couple of years ago I grew tired of using a standard bank issued check register because it seemed like I was always having to replace it because I filled it up so fast. 

What I did was take one of those 70 sheet spiral notebooks, which I bought on sale for ten cents and decided to use that instead. I started in December of 2008 and just today finished filling up the last page. Two and a half years worth of records in one easy to find place, and it has been a wonderful tool for me to use. 

When I get a receipt that I need to register, I simply place it in my wallet and then when I get home I go to my desk and pull out my notebook, which I keep open to the current page and on a clipboard on top of my desk. I love the fact that I don't have to constantly change it out all of the time, which makes my life easier. :)

Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
Professor Penny Pincher 
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 and beyond.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”
"Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle ~ It will help you save money"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...