Monday, May 6, 2024

Menu Plan Monday ~ Saving Money in Our Frugal Kitchen ~ May 6, 2024

                                 

My Frugal Week



We use parmesan cheese here regularly and I save the lids as they fit very well on a mason jar. I've been making my own spice jars for a while now using a pint size canning jar with parmesan lid and a homemade label. The mason jar will hold two of the Great Value spice jars easily. 

Recently I measured the space under my kitchen sink and went to the store to find two containers for each side. It had to be small enough to fit under the drain pipe and the bottom of the sink. 

I found the Hefty 32 quart storage bin with a high rise lid. We have multiple sets of small tupperware for items like homemade jello cups, so one of the bins holds all my small containers. The other bin holds all my cleaning supplies. They make the whole area look less cluttered, which I like. 

Recipe of the Week

Pimento Cheese


Back in 1996 I was part of the Slim & Trim diet club and we would meet every Monday. We would often share recipes and had even made a cookbook at one time. One of the recipes I made was for pimento cheese, but I substituted cottage cheese fo the mayonnaise in the recipe. 


Ingredients:

1 & 1/2 cups mayonnaise 
1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained 
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 
1 teaspoon finely grated onion 
1 (8-oz.) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese 
1 (8-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese 
Celery sticks and assorted crackers

Directions:

Combine mayo, pimientos, worcestershire sauce, and grated onion.
Shred the cheese and add to mayo mixture, stirring until blended. 
Store in the refrigerator up to one week. 
Serve with celery sticks or assorted crackers.


What’s for Dinner


Meatless Monday ~ Bean & Cheese Enchiladas, Corn, Salad. 

Taco Tuesday ~ Walnut Shrimp, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Peas. 

Wednesday ~ Egg Roll in a Bowl, Cole Slaw.

Thursday ~ Chicken Burrito Bowls

Friday ~ Stir Fried Chicken, Air Fried Sweet Potatoes, Cole Slaw, and Cucumber Tomato Salad. 

Saturday ~ Egg Roll in a Bowl with Chicken, Stir Fry Vegetables, Cauliflower Rice, Cucumber Tomato Salad. 

Sunday ~ Chicken Teriyaki with Stir Fried Vegetables, Fried Rice. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

Items I have on hand include orange chicken, pork, cube steak, round steak, fajita chicken, chicken, sausage, and tuna. Please come back next week to see what we will have on our menu this week. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


10 comments:

  1. Love pimento cheese. Your menu sounds yummy. Good idea on storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheese dip sounds great! We've been sort of eating leftovers & just hobbling by with our meals (I was out of town through Thursday), but I have an actual plan for the week ahead, which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOps, that was Hawaii Planner with the most recent comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm kicking myself for throwing the lid last week. That is a great idea to make your own shaker jars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I'm craving pimento cheese. I wouldn't have thought to use cottage cheese instead of mayo, but sounds tasty.
    Your meals sound good! I think I am going to make a chicken burrito bowl too, since I still have cilantro, avocados and mangos leftover from cinco de mayo.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love pimento cheese and I make it almost weekly, especially during the summer. Have you ever tried a grilled pimento cheese sandwich? It is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to make your own shaker jars. Must remember to save those lids from now on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I save those shaker jars for all sorts of things--baking soda for cleaning, DE for pests, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you. Hope you haven't had trouble with the storms. They are supposed to pass thru here tonight. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are safe and sound from the storms.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...