Monday, May 13, 2024

Menu Plan Monday ~ May 13, 2024

 

My Frugal Week

Guess what I found while thrifting last week? 


A food chopper! The price was $7.00 (New ones are selling for $22.00) at a very expensive thrift store. It was one of the few things we bought there as the prices were outrageous! 

They had a pair of pants in my size with the clearance price of $1.00 from Walmart still attached and they were trying to sell them for $15.00.  Crazy prices, but I do have a food chopper again. I used it Saturday night to chop onions and then on Sunday I chopped pineapple and it works like a dream. 

Photo of the Week


Four new cloth napkins, which are 100% cotton, which I prefer. These are the bigger size and measure 20 inches by 20 inches, which I also prefer over the smaller cloth napkins.


What’s for Breakfast


We enjoyed a free breakfast buffet at the hotel on Thursday & Friday mornings. They had scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage gravy, a waffle station, fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal and milk, chocolate muffins, bagels, toast, and danishes along with coffee, tea, and several fruit juices.


Tuesday ~ Grilled Chicken Salad at home.


Wednesday ~ This was our first night in Atlanta and we ate at Taco Mac. Bailey had the  Chattahoochee Burger with Bacon, smoked Gouda, caramelized onions, fried pickles, smoky BBQ mayo, and an egg on top. 


I had the Peachtree burger with caramelized onions, American cheese, bread and butter pickles, lettuce, and '79 sauce, which reminded me of Big Mac sauce. We both had the fried pickles and it was so much food that I didn't finish my burger and we took the fried pickles back to the hotel. 

Thursday ~ This was the night of the concert, so we stayed in and ordered food from Taza Grill via Grub Hub to our hotel room. This was Mediterranean fare, and Bailey had the Chicken Alfredo Pasta with a side of Crab Macaroni Salad while I had the Chicken Kebab Dinner Plate. 

Friday ~ We were so tired from thrifting, but stopped at the Hibachi Buffet in Duluth, Georgia and had the best Sesame Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken ever! They also had this jello dish that was a creamy yellow, which I believe was orange juice. It was so good and refreshing. They had bowl fulls of fresh watermelon and BIG strawberries. It was all so delicious. 

Saturday ~ Back home and to our regular dinners. Lemon Pepper Salmon, Cucumber Tomato Salad, Butter Beans, and Corn. 

Sunday ~ Mother's Day - Bailey picked up my favorite pizza from our local Italian restaurant, Rafael's Italian Restaurant. She also picked up drinks from Sonic, fresh pineapple and two slices of cheesecake at Walmart. 

While she was there she found some rotisserie chickens on mark down for $3.20 and picked up two of those. I'll take the meat off of those today and freeze for later meals. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

Regarding the safety of our food, I did hear back from my neighbor who is a lineman for TVA and he said everything, but seafood should be fine, so I do have some fish in the freezer, which I will toss.  

Please come back next week to see what we have on our menu this week. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


10 comments:

  1. The meals all sound so good. I am glad that you did not lose a lot of the freezer. What a blessing. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl. I'm so grateful for not losing food out of the freezer.

      Delete
  2. I found this article last year and found it helpful. Scroll down to What to do after a power outage.

    https://www.rd.com/article/quarter-frozen-cup-of-water/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check this out.

      Delete
  3. I found a colorful vase in Salvation Army marked $8. On the bottom was the DT tag for $1. I gave up on Sal Army at that moment.
    Your meals sounded and looked tasty.
    What brand was that chopper?
    Mostly bscb and burgers this week with slaw and salad and roasted vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know when I go into a Goodwill that their prices are going to be higher than a local thrift store. I will look at the brand of chopper and get back to you. You meals sound delicious.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun week filled with yummy foods!
    So glad you had a good time! And I'm glad you didn't lose too much freezer foods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a lovely time and those meals sound amazing!!! I am glad that you didn't have to toss all your food.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...