Friday, May 24, 2024

Fourth Frugal Friday ~ May 2024

                                             


Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

Quote of the Week
Love your people hard today, in whatever small ways you can show it. Treasure the ways they show their love to you. Don't take one second for granted.
My Frugal Week

Last Friday I stayed home and caught up on household chores, which needed doing as I'd been out of the house most of the week running errands. It's always good to get caught up on the house chores. 

I sold one item on eBay this week. 

I finished my physical therapy sessions for my shoulder this week and they gave me another t-shirt for finishing my program. My shoulder is definitely better than when I first started  and I see the orthopedic doctor about it next week. 

We met with the attorney about the property transfer on Thursday. He and his assistant were confused over the paperwork and told me that we needed to use a title search company for help.  So, I called a title search company who told me I needed a TITLE attorney. She was so right, I called one who met me at the courthouse and had it figured out in about 20 minutes! Woo Hoo!

While I was waiting between appointments I went inside Academy Sports to check their clearance items. The sport bra I bought two weeks ago was on clearance, and I thought about buying another one, but refrained. 

Afterwards I went to the Fresh Market. They were giving free samples of freshly squeezed orange juice and I bought some sweet potatoes as we were out. They were selling for $1.49 per pound and I got eight of them for $8.11. I love to slice them into rounds, brush them with olive oil and air fry them. 

Freebies 


Lemon Perfect water had a special this week for a buy one get one free bottle when you text a copy of your receipt to them. They refunded the money back to me in about twenty minutes, so a very quick deal. They have other flavors besides lemon too. 

Here is a link to the deal: Lemon Perfect

Photo of the Week


On Monday I shared this cheese stick recipe with you and said the next time I make it I would add black olives and turkey pepperoni. Here is what it looks like, this is half of the recipe as one of them makes more than enough for two people. 

Savings of the Week

The Savings of the Week goes to Bailey this week. 


She was in Ulta shopping for some  items her dermatologist recommended. This CeraVi is her go to lotion. She not only found a fabulous sale at buy one get one 40% off, but she found them on clearance for $25 per box of three. 

She checked her Ulta rewards account and found a $10 off $50 coupon, so she bought two of these. The AM & PM lotions sell for $13.28 individually at Walmart. The Resurfacing Retinol Serum sells for $18.68. So, she got $90.48 worth of products for $40. Amazing!


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


10 comments:

  1. Good work getting the property transferred! Dealing with that type of stuff is a lot of work. What are your plans for the property, (if you're comfortable sharing)? Definitely want to check out that cheese stick recipe! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My brother and sister want to sell the property, but we live on part of it, so that will be a long ways down the road, but we will probably sell the 5 acres across the road before then.

      Delete
  2. Love the quote!!
    So glad that your shoulder is doing better than it was before PT. Hope the Dr will have you feeling as good as new.
    Glad you were able to get the property transfer and title stuff done. I know it is hard taking care of all the stuff after our parents are gone.
    Yum on the cheesy goodness; I'm going to have to make that soon.
    Great savings on the face cream. Great job Bailey, and great job Mom for teaching her how to save money.
    Hope you have a good Memorial day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'm glad my shoulder is better too as it is my right arm, and the one I use for so many things. I am so happy about the property transfer. I didn't know what we were going to do and then it was all resolved so easily. It really pays to get an expert sometimes. Bailey was thrilled with her savings at Ulta. It was great.

      We both hope you have a great weekend and Memorial Day too.

      Delete
  3. So happy your therapy is done and that it helped. Good deal on the lotion. Glad you got the title stuff done and all cleared up.
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chery. I'm so glad it is done too. I hope you also have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you got the property thing worked out. Congrats Bailey that was a great deal. You have a lovely weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jackie. I hope you have a lovely weekend too.

      Delete
  5. Was this shoulder injured in the fall lately? I thought you had to travel somewhere to be at your father's place. So, you live on same property on which he lived? I use some sort of Cerave for moisturizer on my legs and it stops the itching. I could use a good deal on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad’s property is across the road from ours, so we don’t have to travel far for that. I don’t know how I injured my shoulder but it is probably from overuse. I used to throw the bags of garbage from the trunk of my car into the dumpsters here rather than walk up to the dumpster and place them in gently. I now have a garbage man to do that for me. Carrying a bag of supplies for substitute teacher always made it hurt too, so probably just overusing it.

      I didn’t know CeraVe was good for itching. I’ll have to try it for that. Currently I use Goldbond for itching, it’s made in Chattanooga and works very well.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...