My daughter and I downloaded the Dairy Queen app on our phones and earned a free blizzard reward. We used it during the hottest part of the day on Yard Sale Saturday.
The receipt they gave us even had a free Dilly bar for filling out the survey.
We picked up two free bottles of water while picking up an RX for my daughter.
I picked up packages of oranges, apples, and bananas for 99¢ on the reduced produce rack at Food City last week while I was in there picking up an RX for me. I always check the reduced racks when I go there.
I received a free sample of Garnier Whole Blends shampoo and conditioner in a free magazine this week.
On Monday of this week I received my first call to sub in August! I'll be glad to start earning money from school once again, although this year will be different for me.
This summer I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis, so I will be declining some jobs that require me to walk more than I feel capable of doing.
Other frugal activities this week include:
- Sold three items on Ebay for a total of $33.00/$25.54 after fees.
- Took Navy showers all week.
- We scheduled pickups with the post office this week rather than drive to the post office, which saved us gas money.
- Made sure to check out the contents of my refrigerator each morning to ensure nothing goes to waste. We either eat the items for breakfast or lunch or I include them in our dinner plans.
- Washed a one gallon Ziplock bag to reuse.
- I did not buy any groceries this week and used what we had on hand instead.
- Cooked all meals at home this week.
- Used my crockpot to cook some to keep the heat out of the house and the a/c from working so hard during the heatwave.
- I perused the grocery store ads online this week and noted Food City is having a $5 sale on Friday. They have 32 ounce bags of cheese for $5, and 10 Powerades for $5 or 50¢ each.
- We signed up for the new Verizon reward program about a month or so ago. Today we earned a free $5 Starbucks reward card. I let my daughter have it as she likes Starbucks.
That's all the news for Frugal Friday around here. How was your week?