Saturday, November 18, 2017

Second Frugal Week November 2017

There was a Veteran's Day program at the school where I worked on Monday. After the program was over, teachers were able to go in and have any lunch items that were left. 

I had some delicious chicken noodle soup, scalloped potatoes, green beans, half of a pimento cheese sandwich, sausage balls, and a brownie. It was so good too. It is always nice to eat someone else's cooking for a change. 

I brought my lunch back home and will eat it tomorrow. After school I came home and made spaghetti with garlic bread and steamed broccoli for dinner. 




Kroger is having their Buy 10 Save $5.00 sale, so on Tuesday I went to Kroger and bought the following sale items. 

Betty Crocker Cake Mix 49¢ (I bought two)
Ronzoni Pasta 49¢ (I bought 40 boxes)
Del Monte tomatoes 49¢ (I bought 50 cans)
Milk 99¢ (I bought 4 - 2 skim & 2 chocolate)
Kroger Cheese 3.79 (16 ounces)
Bob’s Red Mill Sale 20% off 


One thing I bought at Kroger was a bag of Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour. Kroger had Bob Mill on sale for 20% off and I had a coupon for $1.00 off from a free magazine, so I paid $1.22 for the bag. 

We also went thrift store shopping on Tuesday before we bought groceries. I found two ink-jet cartridges for our printer, they were marked at $1.99, but the cashier only charged us 10¢ for them. These normally cost $18.99, so a great savings there. I also found a new book of scrapbook papers for 25¢. A brand new deck of playing cards for 49¢ and a flower pot for 49¢.

On Tuesday I needed to have a new battery installed in my car, which cost $110. My brother in law installed it for me, so no cost there.  

I received a $50 Walmart card from my insurance company for having a mammogram in October. I will either use this for gas in the car or Christmas presents. 

I worked four days this week and have all of next week off for Thanksgiving. Today we are going thrift store shopping again. What are your plans for the weekend?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

14 comments:

  1. How nice that you were able to partake in those yummy leftovers! Looks like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice and frugal week, Belinda. Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some fantastic bargains!! what a great week.
    WOW - on the ink - deal of the year!!!!!!
    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I was so tickled over the ink!

      Delete
  4. That's a really good price for ink cartridges. I normally buy refills, still they are expensive.
    Hope you will find more bargains at thrift stores today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - amazing price on the pasta. I have a super picky eater who would eat pasta every night, if possible. That is an incredible deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hawaii Planner. That was such a good deal for this area. I just had to stock up on it. :)

      Delete
  6. Love hearing about your days and how thrifty you are. Such an inspiration! Have a great week.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. That is so sweet of you to say. I hope you have a great week too. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...