We are definitely enjoying our three day weekend here. Last week I was able to work every day, so I'm grateful for that especially after coming off a two week break at Christmas time. So far I am working two days out of a four day week this coming week.
Here are some things we've done to save money this week:
- We definitely needed hair cuts this past week, so off to Great Clips we went. The price these days costs $13.00 for a haircut, but I had a coupon for one haircut for $8.99 and then I had a receipt from Walmart that I had saved for a haircut for $10.99. The employee actually let me use both coupons, which they have not let me do in the past. So I saved $6.00 on haircuts this past week.
- I ordered my daughter a pair of jeans online. They cost $44.99, but I was able to save 25% off using a coupon code, which took $11.25 off the cost, and then used a promotional certificate they sent to me for $10.00 off, so I saved $21.25 off the jeans. $23.74 was the final cost, which is much cheaper than buying them at Torrid, where they run upwards of $100 at times and I find the quality lacking.
- I've been actively working Swagbucks again this month. I have already earned enough for a $25 Paypal credit, which will definitely come in handy. If you're interested in earning from Swagbucks, you can read all about it on my Swagbucks page here: Frugal Workshop Swagbucks Page.
- We ran across a sale on Kool-Aid recently at Food City for 10¢ a pack, so I stocked up on Lemonade, Fruit Punch, and Black Cherry, which are our favorite flavors.
- I received a free bible from the Tyndale Rewards program recently. You can sign up for the program here and earn 25 points when you join.
Do you remember Amy D writing in the Tightwad Gazette about the last Woodstock and how so many young people left behind their possessions? This binder reminded me of that.
It was discarded by a senior before Christmas Break where I was subbing that day. A brand new binder filled with brand new paper inside in perfectly good condition. I brought it home with me that day. Unbelievable!
I received my Betty Crocker calendar in the mail not too long ago.
Lunch today was whole plant based foods. Broccoli, grape tomatoes, orange slices, and a banana. Water to drink. Getting my nutrients in for the day. :)