Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday Night Dinner

Image Credit
We remain in use it up mode here at the Frugal Workshop and I have to tell you all what we had for dinner tonight. I have several cans of Campbell's Chicken with Rice soup in the Family Size can in my pantry that no one has been eating. I bought this because it is one of my favorite soups. Someone the other day told me they didn't like it and would not eat it. 

On Sunday I made a Chicken Stir Fry for dinner. 


I worked today and wanted to make something quick for dinner. I thought about several different options and then remembered I had leftover stir fry, but I knew it was not enough to feed three people. 

Hmmmm.....what to do? What to do?

I decided to drain the broth from the can of soup and add it to the stir fry to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it to feed all three people. Well guess what? The one who said they didn't like this soup asked for second helpings!!

Ha, Ha, Ha, I love it when that happens. :) 

Belinda
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2011-2013.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

13 comments:

  1. Of course you saved the broth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! :) I thought about that after I wrote my post too. lol

      Delete
  2. Too funny about the one who doesn't like chicken with rice soup!
    Good idea to add the drained soup to the leftovers. And now you have some wonderful broth to make some gravy with, or a pot of "homemade" chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it was funny, Lili. I'll probably add the broth to some homemade soup to stretch it out. :)

      Delete
  3. Great thinking there Belinda, anything with Campbell's just has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing what people will eat when they don't know what they are eating or think they know what they are not eating because they don't like it. Does that make sense?

    Good job Belinda. Did you reveal what you did to this person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou. No, I didn't reveal it to that person, but I might do that today. lol :)

      Delete
    2. And yes, that did make sense. :)

      Delete
  5. There is nothing like creativity. How funny that the person who wouldn't eat the soup wanted seconds of the stir-fry. You never can tell!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...