Welcome to Frugal Workshop where every Monday I share the simple strategies used to save money in my kitchen over the past week, along with the meals that made it to our dinner table. You'll find practical tips on how we saved money on food hopefully to inspire your own meal planning using the foods you have in your own pantry.
My Frugal Week
Last Monday I peeled and chopped one of the white cucumbers from the Mennonites and stored in a wide mouth mason jar to add to salads and cottage cheese throughout the week.
Having produce cut up and ready to go ensures we use it up, which ensures less food waste. Also, storing fresh fruits and vegetables in mason jars helps them last longer than plastic storage containers.
We are definitely getting in our fruits and vegetables in each day. Last Monday I had blueberries, watermelon, apple, orange, carrots, brussel sprouts and a vegetable based soup at lunchtime.
On Saturday evening Bailey and I went to People Helping People and picked up free vegetables including yellow squash, tomatoes, assorted colored bell peppers, and cucumbers. We also picked up several melons earlier in the day.
Afterwards I made cucumber tomato salad and a bean salad to have with meals this week. It was so easy to make those with all the vegetables already prepped.
What’s for Dinner
Monday ~ Grilled Chicken, Bean Salad, and Baby Carrots.
Tuesday ~ Chicken Breast Filets, And Watermelon.
Wednesday ~ Blackened Chicken, Bean Salad, and Steamed Broccoli.
Thursday ~ Beefy Baked Beans, and Steamed Broccoli.
Friday ~ Fajita Grilled Chicken, and Steamed Broccoli.
Saturday ~ Beefy Baked Beans, Carrots, and Broccoli.
Sunday ~ Adobo Chicken Thighs, Cucumber Tomato Salad, and Bean Salad.
What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?
Belinda
Homemaker at Heart





Wow, the produce is gorgeous. What a blessing! And I love that you are being such a good steward. It is easy to get overwhelmed when so much is coming in at once. I'm dealing with that now myself.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Carol.And yes, it is so east to get overwhelmed at this time of year with the fresh produce.
DeleteBelinda