Friday, July 24, 2026

Forth Frugal Friday of July 2026

 

Welcome to Frugal Friday

Each Friday here at Frugal Workshop, I love sharing the frugal wins, quiet savings, and simple strategies that helped us stretch our budget over the past seven days. It’s a gentle look back at the small things that make a big difference. 

My Frugal Week

Last Friday I went downstairs and using the ladder replaced two lightbulbs in the bathroom ceiling and also replaced the toilet seat with a new, still in the shrink wrap, one I found second hand for $1.00. It was missing the hardware though, so I replaced that with a new set from Lowe's for $5.00. 

Afterwards I went over to my neighbor's yard and filled up a five gallon bucket with rocks from his rock pile and brought them over to our driveway to fill in a pothole. I had his permission to do that as he clear cut his land last summer and washed our driveway out in a couple spots. 

Afterwards I used the weed eater around the yard until the cordless battery died and then I went inside to work as the temperature outdoor was rising quickly. 

I dropped off some clothing donations to People Helping People, picked up some free tomatoes, and dropped off some donations to our local church blessing box.

On Monday I processed, measured, and packaged 83 items for Bailey's shops, and I did my laundry along with all the towels and kitchen laundry. It was a very busy day. 

On Tuesday and Wednesday I woke up early and worked in the yard before it got too hot. I used the weed eater in several areas, cut down some tiny trees that were sprouting,  and sprinkled some tick and ant granules in areas that I've seen a lot of tick and ant activity. 

Afterwards on Tuesday I was off to my retina specialist for eye injections and then off to the library for tutoring.  

Wednesday and Thursday were spent at home reading along with tutoring on Thursday afternoon. 

Other Things We Did to Save Money This Week...

- All errands were combined to save money on gas.
- all meals eaten at home
- Receipts were entered into Fetch and NPC to earn points. 
- Did Microsoft Rewards each day for points. 

Yard Sale Saturday & Freebies

Last Saturday was the annual giveaway at one of the high schools here. People drop off donations on Thursday and Friday and then people can shop on Saturday and everything is free. I feel like we made out like bandits last year and have looked forward to this event all summer long. 

People were lined up really far to get into the event, which allowed me to get over 1,000 steps in just to get at the back of the line. The majority of people line up for the free backpacks with school supplies and free haircuts, while others start in on the clothes. Me? I start in the hard goods section because I can get clothes inexpensively regularly and am afraid of falling in such a crowd, so I steer clear of that section until it’s less crowded. 

This year I found multiple storage bins for both the refrigerator and drawers, several plastic bins for storage, shower curtain hooks (which was on my yard sale list), several books, a snowball fight game, a magnetic pen holder for the refrigerator, several items for the treasure box, two dish clothes, pastel wooden easter eggs, eye glass case, along with various other items. 

It was fun for me to get all of those things for free, but it was very crowded this year, more so than last year. 

Money Saving YouTube Videos

Prepper Princess discusses, "25 things Everyone Else Buys, But I Don't!" 

Saving Money on Entertainment

We finished watching all four Toy Story films in order to see Toy Story 5 in theaters on $5 Tuesday next week. 

My Reading Nook ~ What I've been Reading This Week

I’m currently reading a book by Dr. Kathrine Ubell, titled, How to Lose Weight for the Last Time. She also has a podcast on the subject if you’re interested. 
 

How was your week?



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda 🫶 
💕 Homemaker at Heart 💕 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

2 comments:

  1. Wow you walked away with a lot of freebies. Good for you!
    I had anything but a frugal week last week, but I surely did enjoy Son1 and Pip being here. It was worth every penny spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Yes, spending time with family like that is worth every penny!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...