Friday, April 21, 2023

Third Frugal Friday April 2023


Welcome to Friday! I hope you’ve had a good week. 

My Frugal Week

It’s been a relative quiet week here. My license plate was up for renewal this month, so I paid it online and got my new license plate in the mail. Tennessee opted for new license plates in the state this year. They have a pretty blue background with white letters. 

I received $10 in PayPal money from Mobile Expression this week.  

Freebies

My fourteen meals from Mom’s Meals came this week and I’ll receive another fourteen meals this week. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

Have you seen the peeling boiled egg hack on Tik Tok? If you use a spoon to tap the end of an egg before boiling and listen for the sound change, you’ll remove the membrane inside the egg, which makes for easier removal of the egg shell after boiling. 

I tried this with a dozen eggs this week and sometimes the sound came with one tap and sometimes with two or three taps, but it worked so well. No more removing half the egg white to get the egg peeled. 

Since I had boiled eggs on hand, I decided to make egg salad, but we were out of pickle relish. No worries though, as I had a jar of pickles that I chopped up in the food processor, which did the trick

Meals This Week

All meals are served with either salad or vegetables and may not always be listed here. 

* If you see a dinner in bold print that means we had it more than once this week.

Baked Herb Chicken, Angel Hair Pasta Herb & Butter, Cucumber Salad. 
Enchilada Casserole, Sunflower Salad Kit, Mexican Corn 
Rotisserie Chicken, Green Salad, Sweet Potatoes. 
Hawaiian Chicken, Brown Rice Pilaf, Carrots. 
Macaroni and Cheese, Steamed Broccoli, Carrots. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

How was your week?

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27



16 comments:

  1. sounds like a nice quiet week.
    I hate when they send new plates - I always memorize my plate number - and have had it for years. When they change the plate it takes me forever to remember!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. Ditto on the license plate number. I have my DL number memorized too. And my bank account. 😂 LOL
      I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Hi, What are Mom's Meals?
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, Mom’s meals are free dinners sent to people by their health insurance. Here is the website if you’re interested. https://www.momsmeals.com/

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the egg tip! I hadn't heard it before. I think older eggs seem to peel better for me.
    Your menu sounds good. Were the Mom's meals tasty?
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome, Kathy. It worked really well on the eggs. The Mom’s meals were good and I ended up putting several of them in the freezer, so we will have them for a while yet.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of that trick with boiled eggs. I am going to have to look that up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never come across that trick either, thank you. Does it matter which end? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you’ll want to tap the fatter end, Joy. 😊

      Delete
  6. I'll have to tell my daughter the egg trick. Easter she had a hard time peeling them for deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great tip about the eggs Belinda, I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use old eggs and have my own method taught to me by my mother. Where is this tik tok video?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know the trick your mother used. Here is a link to the TikTok video: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTo4PRc/

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...