Friday, April 7, 2023

First Frugal Friday of April 2023



My Frugal Week

Happy Friday to all my friends here. I hope you are doing well. It’s been a good week here and I hope it’s been a good week for you too. 

The weather is stormy here today, but on Wednesday summer weather arrived and we had to turn on the air already. I know that will cost more on the electric bill, but it is a necessity in the heat here. 

We were in Chattanooga a lot this week and had to pay for parking a couple of times. We were frugal with the cost of that as some garages charged $2 while the other one across the street was $10, so it’s cost effective to pay attention. 

Earning Money

Thanks to all of you who click onto my Amazon links when making a purchase. I earned $10.08 this month thanks to you. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

We ran out of bottled ranch salad dressing this week, but I always keep some ranch packets on hand just in case and that happened this week. I have to say that the little packets taste better than store bought ranch and is very close to the taste of homemade. Homemade ranch is the very best, but I do not always have buttermilk on hand to make that. 

I actually didn’t keep track of our meals this week, but know we had chicken fajitas and tacos multiple times this week since they are easy to make and delicious. 

That’s all I have to report this week as we were out of the house a lot this week. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. AC already? Oh my. We had your storms a few days back - now just sun and warmer days ahead for at least a week. Love it.
    Hope you both have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I hope you have a lovely Easter too.

      Delete
  2. Sam is obsessed with ranch dressing, so we always have some on hand. It's not my preference (although, a well done homemade ranch is great). I don't typically get dressing on my salad, but really like balsamic.

    Glad to hear you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the balsamic vinegars too. My favorite one is Fig, which is just delicious.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good week. Sometimes a change of routine and of scenery can do us a bit of good. Wishing you and Bailey a glorious Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frances. Yes, just getting out of the house is good for the soul sometimes. I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a great time in Chattanooga!!
    I have never been there before; what are the best things to do?
    Wishing you a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy, we had a really good time. There are a lot of places to go like the aquarium, the carousel, Rock City, Ruby Falls, and a lot of history with the battlefields too. It’s a great place to visit. Lots of good restaurants as well, like Bea’s. Hoping you have a wonderful Easter as well.

      Delete
  5. I've been buying the thin cut chicken breasts from Safeway. They come 4 in a pack. They cook up really fast for Tacos and salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really like cooking with the thin cut chicken breasts. You’re right, they do cook up really fast. We’ve been on a chicken kick here lately.

      Delete
  6. Oh my AC already!! I will be happy when I can open my windows. Mind you that could be awhile yet as our snow is slowly disappearing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was up to the 80s here, so it was that time already, unfortunately.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...