Saturday, March 10, 2018

Frugal Week of March 5, 2018

This week I was able to work three days and brought my lunch and drinks from home all three days. 

My daughter trimmed the bushes that line our driveway near our new steps. It's amazing how much better it looks and how much light is there now. I would have had to pay someone to do this for me, but she did it for free. 

We had multiple loads of laundry to work on this week since we were pet sitting last weekend, most everything was covered in dog hair. I'm happy to report that all the laundry is finished, folded, and put back where it belongs. 

We went to a couple of thrift stores while we were in Chattanooga and I found a really thick, new to me, thermal blanket. I've been wanting one of these for a while, my price out the door was $6.99.

We filled up our rewards card at this local thrift store, so the next time we shop there we will be getting $25 worth of items for free. Even some of our local Goodwill stores have a rewards program. It always pays to ask if they have one where you shop. 

I earned another $5 Amazon gift card from Microsoft Rewards this week. If I spend just a few minutes each day on this I can earn this reward once about every three weeks. 


We have flowers blooming here right now from the recent warm weather. These are the grape hyacinths that I planted in 1986 right after we moved here. They come up every year during this time. 


We also have daffodils ready to bloom and our Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom as well. Our daffodils bloom later than anyone else's daffodils since these are in the shade. 


We had both of our male kittens neutered last week. We took them to Dixie Day Spay, which is a low cost spay/neuter clinic and a PetSmart charity. 

They charge $40 for spay or neutering, which is a great savings compared to the vet's office. 

On Thursday we were invited to a birthday dinner at a local restaurant. Dinner was free to us paid for by the birthday host. 

I ordered an item from Amazon in January that never came. I emailed the seller several times with no resolution. I finally let Amazon know and they refunded my order this week for the $23 purchase. 

We went to PetSmart last week, which is right next to our Aldi, and found a shopping cart that had not been returned. We returned it and earned a quarter (25¢) in the process. 

I listened to Pandora radio for free while I was at school one day this week. 

We attended a class last week while we were in Chattanooga and received a 20% off coupon for a future purchase. 

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

5 comments:

  1. Belinda it sounds like you had quite a good week.
    That is a great price on the neuter for the kitties. We have a low cost place here as well - although it is hard to get into because of how busy it is.

    Great deals all the way around for you.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. Yes, we normally have a month long wait for the spay or neutering, but were able to get in this time with just a few days notice. I was so glad too. :)

      Delete
  2. I wish they had low cost clinics here for pet care. Daughter goes to a clinic at PetSmart for her dog but they don't do neutering/spaying.

    Good on you for getting your $ back from your Amazon Seller. I just understand people sometimes. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant I just DON'T understand people sometimes. 8-)

      Delete
    2. I agree, Sluggy. The seller was like< "tell me what you bought and I will see what I can do", three times in a row. I knew then nothing was going to happen until I contacted Amazon.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...