Friday, December 22, 2017

Food this Week at the Frugal Workshop

Last Saturday we ran a few errands stopping first at Publix for their buy one get one free deals. We bought Ritz crackers, Velveeta mac and cheese, smoked sausage, and Pillsbury pie crusts, which were all B1G1Free. 

I'll combine the pie crusts with the sausage, also bought last week, to make Sausage Quiche for dinner one night soon. I can also make Chicken pot pie, which is one of my daughter's favorite dinners. 

We also bought a sirloin tip roast, which was on sale for $3.99 a pound. I'll use it to make our traditional Italian Beef for Christmas Eve. I already have the Italian seasoning, beef broth, and rolls needed for this dish. 

On Monday I made BLTs for dinner, which were so refreshing and a nice change of pace.


Tuesday I worked half a day, and now school is on Christmas break until after the new year. 

I filled up my gas tank on Thursday and plan to stay home more than usual the next two weeks, which will save me money on gas.

Now I can spend my days getting things ready for Christmas. I sure am enjoying being at home all day. 

We ran errands again on Wednesday and I picked up the last few items I needed for Christmas dinner. I also found two packages of ground beef on yellow sticker. 
 
We went to Target and found half gallons of half and half for $2.26. 




Thursday I made Broccoli & Cheese soup in the crockpot. It's been raining off and on here for a few days, so it was good and filling. We also had this for lunch on Friday. 


I used my immersion blender and blended it together when it was done. 


On Thursday I also pulled out my GE Roaster and made Taco Meat in it for multiple meals this week leading up to Christmas. 

This will save time to not have to cook a new meal each evening, so that I can concentrate on Christmas things. As usual I cut up a potato to 
s-t-r-e-t-c-h the taco meat. 


On Friday I made a cheese ball, banana pudding, a spice cake, and carrot raisin salad. 

My Christmas cactus has so many more buds this year versus last year. 


I listed three things for sale on Ebay today. One of the items was BoxTops for Education. If you sell these, don't do what I did. I let mine go too long before I checked them and had some expire on me. 

I hope you all have had a good week so far.  :)

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. Yah, those BTFE can "spoil" on you if you're not careful. lolz
    Have a Merry Christmas Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sluggy. I hope you have a Merry Christmas too. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never thought of adding potato to my taco mix, but I will definitely try it. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, it's delicious. I wouldn't make taco meat without the potatoes anymore. :)

      Delete
  3. That broccoli soup looks really good! I love how an immersion blender can just whiz things together.

    Hope you have a wonderfully happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shara. I love the immersion blender too. They are so great for things such as this without the mess transferring the soup to a full size blender.

      I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas too. :)

      Delete
  4. I was saving box tops for g-daughter, but she went up a grade and they did not save those. So, I threw out a pint bag full!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Linda. You can sell those on Ebay. People love to buy them for their children for the competitions at school. I bought them when my daughter was in elementary school and so I know other parents buy them too.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Belinda and family! Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...