Monday, August 17, 2026

Menu Plan Monday ~ Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen ~ Third Week August 2026


Welcome to Frugal Workshop where every Monday I share the simple strategies used to save money in my kitchen over the past week, along with the meals that made it to our dinner table. You'll find practical tips on how we saved money on food hopefully to inspire your own meal planning using the foods you have in your own pantry.

My Frugal Week

On Sunday I was working and listening to Miss Lori at Whippoorwill Holler's YouTube channel. She recently made a video titled, "Feeding my family when times were hard, No five course meals!". It was a good video where she talked about the rising price of groceries, but since she has been keeping house groceries have always risen with time. 

She spoke about struggle meals she made when there wasn't much food in the pantry and some of the meals she made back then and still makes today. If you get a chance to watch it, I'd recommend it. 

I went to People Helping People on Saturday night for free vegetables and came home with bitter melon, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow, orange, and red bell peppers, corn on the cob, and yellow squash. I could have also taken green beans and egg plant, but didn't get those.  

I went home and washed most of the vegetables and on Sunday morning I chopped all the peppers and put them in a large mason jar to use throughout the week. I love having them ready to go to add to whatever I'm making that week. 

Bailey and I have been decluttering the house for the upcoming consignment sale, which means we gave the kitchen a good cleaning out. I went through all of my spices and if I had more than one container of a certain spice (which happens when you buy in bulk) I emptied all of them into a mason jar and added a parmesan cheese lid, which I save for this purpose. 

The drawers and cabinets always look so good and organized after a good decluttering too. 

What’s for Dinner

Monday ~ Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower, Pickled Beets. 

Tuesday ~ Roast Beef, Sweet Potatoes, Creamed Corn. 

Wednesday ~ Lentil Loaf, Sweet Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli. 

Thursday ~ Lentil Loaf, Baked Apples, Steamed Carrots. 

Friday ~ Chicken Breast Fillets, Baked Apples, and Steamed Carrots. 

Saturday ~ Chicken Tacos with all the toppings, and Corn.

Sunday ~ Salmon Patties, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans with Onions. 

This was one of those “don’t heat up the kitchen” summertime suppers. I shucked the corn and put it in my smallest instant pot, and fixed the green beans and onions in my smallest slow cooker. All I had to do was make the salmon patties come dinner time and brown them in a skillet. 

Thank you for visiting here and getting a glimpse of being in my kitchen with me this week.  

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week? 



Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
~ Living within our Means ~
Frugal Workshop Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...