Friday, August 28, 2026

Fourth & Final Friday Friday of August 2026

 


Welcome to Frugal Friday

On Tuesday, we said goodbye to a true Tennessee treasure, Dolly Parton. She never forgot where she came from and remained a kind and generous person who gave so much to others. My original title for this blog was inspired by her and this song she wrote called, My Tennessee Mountain Home


My Frugal Week

The weather has been cooler in the mornings here and also some evenings. It's a welcome sign of cooler weather coming this fall.

Last Friday I had an appointment at the vein clinic.. I had an ultrasound and Xray on my leg, which were both OK, and I had a referral to the wound clinic on Tuesday. The doctor there prescribed an antibiotic and put Manuka honey, known for its antibiotic properties, on the wound and bandaged it up for me. 

Earning Money/Bartering

Washer

This week I ended up doing some more bartering. The washing machine downstairs quit working a while ago and we’ve been wanting to replace it. 

My niece called on Thursday and wanted to know if we needed a washing machine and dryer. She has a a new top loader and wanted to get rid of the front loader as she prefers top loaders. 

Dryer

They owed me some money from tutoring this summer, so we traded the front loader washer and dryer for my tutoring. I love it when bartering actually works out. I've always wanted  front load washer and now I have one. Sometimes bartering works. :)

While they were here they removed the machine that fell on my leg, and put the risers I bought for the sleeper sofa in place. The couch was very low to the ground before and is much easy to sit on now. 

Freebies

This month’s issue of Southern Living magazine.

Saving on Things We Buy

One way I saved money this week is by switching my trash collector. I had been paying $50 a month for one service and $35 a month for a second service. Then I switched to bartering with the $50 service, which as you know did not work out. 

After hauling off my own garbage last week I decided to find someone else to do our garbage. Fortunately I found another company that provides a 96 gallon trash bin and only charges $20 per month. Score! 

Another way I save money is by using our local library to read the local weekly newspaper. The subscription is $52 per year, but it's honestly not worth the price for the content. But I will miss out on some important dates if I don't read it, so I go to the library and read it for free. 

I bought a box of non-clumping cat litter on mark down recently and think I prefer it over the clumping kind. It’s definitely cheaper than the clumping kind by a dollar or more, so we’re going to give it a try. 


I stopped in at Whole Foods one day and looked at the Crash & Burn section and found three spices, all on my grocery list, marked down to $1.87 each. The receipt they emailed me was for over $34, but that was without the clearance price. 

That is my week in a nutshell. How was your week? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section. 



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda 🫶 
💕 Homemaker at Heart 💕 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...