Friday, April 19, 2024

Third Frugal Friday of April 2024

                                              


Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

I sold one item on eBay this week. 

I used up three packets of protein powder I bought to try out in the last year, so I'm glad to have used them up this week. 

The representative for my trunk pump never came last Friday. I waited for thirty minutes and called and was told someone would call me right back, but no one did. So, rather than clean downstairs, Bailey and I left for an adventure. 

We took the last of the books downstairs plus some of ours to McKay Used Books. They will only let you process three bins of books at  time and we had six, so we left some to be processed the next day. 

While they processed our books, we shopped for new ones for us. I found Dr. Fuhrman's book, Eat For Life, for $6, which made me happy as I had it on my wish list on Amazon. I'll be reading it once I finish A Man Called Ove

Afterwards we went to our favorite Chinese buffet for lunch/dinner, and then went thrift store shopping in Fort Oglethorpe. I didn't buy anything from the thrift store. I looked, but nothing caught my fancy. 

After that we stopped and got specialty drinks from Sonic. They sell half price drinks all day long on their app. I got a Blackberry Lemonade, which was delicious.

On Monday I steamed forty pieces of clothing for Bailey to photograph for her shops.  On Tuesday I measured them in order for her to list them for sale.

Rather than let it languish in my drawer, I returned a clothing item that didn't fit me well.

I stopped in at Whole foods after an appointment on thursday, I saved 46 cents using my Amazon Prime membership. 

Freebies

We received four free calendars from the USDA Defend the Flock series. I also received a free issue of Southern Living magazine. 

That's all the news to report from here this week. I hope you've had a very good week. I'd love to hear all about it in the comment section. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


18 comments:

  1. I sold a few things on eBay as well. Always nice to get stuff out of the house. I also was able to convert one paid night at a hotel into a free night, by using a free night awards I used from our hotel credit card. The entire four night hotel stay will be free. It's my Mother's Day gift to my mom - we're doing a hiking trip in Arizona in just under a couple of weeks. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how great to have the free four night hotel stay. Your Mother will enjoy that so much! I hope you all have a wonderful time.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, Blackberry lemonade sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious, Lana. There is also a Mom and Pop type sandwich shop here that serves it and it is so delicious.

      Delete
  3. How disappointing about the pump rep not showing up or calling. I'm glad you and Bailey got out and had a fun and thrifty adventure.
    This week I compared prescriptions and one is now cheaper ordering by mail, so got that one switched. Dh takes an expensive tablet that is 10 mg. I'm so glad I asked the doctor about getting the 25 mg dose and splitting it. It now makes the dosage 1/2 price. This probably wouldn't work with some drugs but I'm glad it was ok with this one.
    I started apple cider vinegar. I hope this batch turns out ok. I've only made it once before and it was better tasting than the store bought. I made strawberry freezer jam. I also made cherry syrup with tart cherry juice that turned out really good. That's about it for my thrifty week.
    Belinda I hope you and Bailey have a great weekend. Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sky. The pump rep had a family emergency i found out, so I understood why he didn't come.

      Kudos to you for switching meds to mail, that is GREAT to be getting it for half price by splitting it.

      You've been busy! Let us know how your apple cider vinegar works out. It sounds good. Back when I was growing up we would take a spoon of it with a spoon of honey and fill a cup with water and drink it for good health., My Uncle Paul used to have honey bees back when he lived in Kansas and would share with us when we came to visit.

      I hope you have a great weekend too, Sky. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a busy but frugal week.
    I'm sorry the pump folks didn't show up or call. I hope they will reschedule soon. Loved that you went on an adventure! Reminds me of Bilbo Baggins going on an adventure in the Hobbit. :D Hope you didn't run into any dragons along the way.
    Yum on the Chinese food and the blackberry lemonade.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was, Kathy. Thank you. The pump rep did reschedule and has already been here and measured me, so thank you. He had a family emergency and couldn't come that Friday.

      Ha! Ha! No dragons on our adventure, but we had fun. LOL

      I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! You've already made it brighter by making me laugh out loud today. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have had a lovely week. Blackberry Lemonade sound awesome.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blackberry lemonade sounds delicious. What kind of steamer do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It's a Jiffy Steamer. Here is a link to it, if you would like to look at it. We have the pink one. https://amzn.to/3w1fNYt

      Delete
  7. I need to start using food apps. My granddaughter loves afternoon stops at McDonald’s and other places. I’m sure it’d be cheaper to use the app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is definitely cheaper in the app and you can usually get free french fries.

      Delete
    2. This is little Penpen

      Delete
    3. Thank you for letting me know, Penny. I hope you are doing well. :)

      Delete
  8. sounds like a lovely relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...