Saturday, December 2, 2023

Simple Cheese Tarts

 


Simple Cheese Tarts

I've been going through my Grandmother and my Mother's recipes looking for a specific recipe for Hattie Mae's Lemon Ice Box Pie. I have had so much fun reading these old recipes and here is one I wanted to share.


This is a recipe that was included in some old magazine clippings of recipes inside my Mother’s Betty Crocker New Good and Easy Cookbook from 1962. It came from Family Weekly magazine dated September 30, 1973. It was a simpler time back then and this recipe reflects that simple time.


Ingredients:


1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened

¼ cup sugar

2 eggs

12 vanilla wafers

1 can (21 ounce) pie filling (cherry, pineapple, blueberry, or peach)


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners.

With an electric mixture blend cream cheese, sugar and eggs. 

Beat well. 

Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake liner. 

Fill with 2 tablespoons of cheese filling.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Filling will be firm.

Cool for 45 minutes on a cooling rack. 

Spoon pie filling on top of each tart. 

Refrigerate. 

Makes 12 tarts.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27






8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a personal cheesecake, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it, Kathy? I'm all for personal cheese cakes. LOL

      Delete
  2. My grandma made these. They were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat Amy! Thank you for letting us know. :)

      Delete
  3. I totally remember those tarts from my childhood! Cherry pie filling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, sounds delicious!

      The Dollar Tree sells cherry pie filling in the 15 ounce can for $1.25, which is a really good price.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...