Friday, August 25, 2023

Fourth Frugal Friday of August 2023



Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

We went to multiple yard sales on Saturday and Bailey picked up fifteen pieces for her online shops. I found a really nice Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $30, but was able to easily haggle the guy down to $20. I’ve not decided if I want to keep it or flip it yet. 

My Dad is back in town for the time being, so I brought lunch to him on Monday and we had a really nice visit. 

Our power went off on Tuesday evening for about 1 & 1/2 hours. It got hot really quickly with no fan running, so I was very happy when it came back on that night. Speaking of electric, you remember that our a/c was struck by lightning recently. Our electric bill for the month came to $246.23, which is $77.63 less than our electric bill last month. 

We also called Verizon this week and changed our plan with them to save money on our monthly cell phone plan. Since we no longer use their internet, we do not need an unlimited plan with them. This should save us approximately $30 per month. 

What I've been Reading This Week

The 1940’s Experiment ~ Carolyn has a free pandemic cookbook on her blog if you’re interested. She also has a YouTube channel located here



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


12 comments:

  1. Nice find on the mixer!!!!! What a price. Glad you got to visit with your dad.
    have a great weekend - stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I couldn’t believe the price on the mixer either. I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. We keep a battery powered fan for power outages so wouldn't you know we had a power outage at the lake and the fan was at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, Lana. We did get some lamps that can be used during a power outage when it’s dark and those came in handy. We will need to look for some fans like you mentioned.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a great find on that mixer. That price is phenomenal.

    Yard sales are few and far between here right now, which is surprising. I have also found that the prices being asked for are sometimes very high and people are not willing to come down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I was floored when he accepted my $20 offer. We both agree about the price tags at some yard sales. People are asking a lot of money for some stuff. I don’t know if it’s because everything else has gone up in price or what, but some of them we leave not buying anything for that reason.

      Delete
  4. Great find on the mixer and being able to save some money on your electric and phone.I like the 1940's experiment blog,she has some great frugal recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she has some great frugal recipes too. 😊

      Delete
  5. Wow what a deal on a kitchen aid mixer. The electric bill is all worth it though for the cool air I bet but man you saved a lot of money this past month. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vickie. I was really surprised on the mixer. Yes, totally worth all the money to have cool air!

      I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a good week.
    Glad you were able to spend time with your Dad!
    Great deal on the kitchen aid mixer; I sure love mine, and it would have been even better to get one for $20. Sorry about the power outages; they seem to be happening more often where we live too. Hope the insurance will pay for your a/c as you have had to be without it for a while, and it has been so hot.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I was surprised he accepted my $20 offer. I thought he would counteroffer for $25. The insurance company did pay us for a new air conditioner minus our $500 deductible. We ordered it this week and it takes about two weeks to arrive.

      I hope you are doing well and have a great weekend too. 😊

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...