Monday, July 10, 2023

Menu Plan Monday ~ July 9, 2023



Menu Plan Monday

We did our monthly grocery haul this past week, so we have plenty of food on hand for meals. 

This was my original  meal plan, sides to be determined later:
2. Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Green Beans with Onions. 
3. Salmon Patties, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas.
4. Tuna Salad on Salads or Sandwiches, Vegetables & Homemade Ranch
6. Chicken Fajitas 
7. Soup using the Universal Soup Recipe 

This is what we ended up with this week:

Friday ~ I had everything on hand to make Chicken Fajitas such as colored peppers, onions, limes, etc. I served them on corn tortillas with red onions and lettuce. Chicken Fajitas with Onions and Peppers. 

Saturday ~ I had a bag of chicken in the freezer, so I decided to make Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, and Green Beans with Onions. We also had cantaloupe cut up in the fridge, so I served that with dinner as well. 

Sunday: I had a small can of crab in my pantry, so I made an Impossible Crab Pie for dinner. I served it with mashed potatoes with gravy and corn. Impossible Crab Pie, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, and Corn. 

Monday: We were able to pick up some ground beef on markdown last week. So, I decided to use a package to make tacos for dinner. I added onions to the meat to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it. They were served on corn tortillas, with sides of corn, peppers, tomatoes, and honeydew melon. Tacos, Corn, Honeydew Melon. 

Tuesday: Homemade Pizza. Homemade Pizza 

Wednesday: We had a repeat of Monday night's dinner and then I put the rest of the lentils in the freezer for future meals. Taco Style Lentils & Rice Tacos with all the fixings. 

Thursday: We are going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I had a motley crew of items for dinner tonight. Baked beans with bacon, corn, the last of the pasta salad, and buttered bread. It worked. Baked Beans, Corn, Pasta Salad, Bread & Butter. 


Friday: This was our big monthly grocery haul day and we were wiped out by the end of the day. I ended up making nachos for dinner with lots of chopped up vegetables such as onions, peppers and tomatoes. Nachos will all the fixings. 

Saturday: We were able to get hamburger meat on our grocery order, so we had hamburgers for dinner.  Hamburgers with cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato, and pickles along with potato chips. 

Sunday: There was a small amount of hamburger left to cook with, so I made a small taco salad for dinner.  Taco Salad. 


Here is what I'm planning for next week, sides to be determined later:

Shipwreck
Poppy Seed Chicken
Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls
Chicken Santa Fe
Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
Loaded Baked Potatoes
(Cheese, Green Onions, Black Olives, Sour Cream, Butter, Bacon Bits, Chives)

Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27





10 comments:

  1. I love taco salad, and had that this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it here too. Its especially refreshing on these hot summer days.

      Delete
  2. So nice to see someone cooking, cause I am not:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. I hope you are doing well. 😊

      Delete
  3. Yum! Your meals sound so good!
    I am fixing tacos tonight too as I have avocados that I need to use quickly. Seems like avocados can go from unripe to overripe in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. So true on the avocados. There is a Mexican restaurant here that mixes it with sour cream and it is so good. Tacos sound great to me. Them and pizza are some of my favorite foods. 😋

      Delete
  4. Reading that menu makes me feel so peckish - how delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The meals sound really good. I did have to look up shipwreck. It turns out to be mainly what I always called cowboy casserole. I had only sons and when they were little they thought eating a cowboy meal was fun.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. That is so sweet about your boys enjoying a cowboy casserole!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...