Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Monday Musings ~ After Christmas Savings



On Monday we needed to run errands, but were stopped when we came across a tree down and across the driveway. We tried to move it ourselves, but it was still attached near the ground, so we had to call for help. We called a couple of people who could help us, but it would be a few hours before they could come out. 

They finally came at 6 p.m. and got the tree moved. 

Even though it was late for running errands, we went out anyway. 

First stop was Walmart where Bailey wanted to look for a new tree and Christmas cards.

We went to three different Walmarts, and all three were already out of trees, cards, and wrapping paper. Not that we need any wrapping paper, but I did notice there was none left.

No worries though, it was just fun to get out of the house and being so late there wasn’t very many people in the stores. 


Bailey did find a hairbrush set. She bought me one for Christmas and paid $5.00 for it, but this one was 50% off, so she paid $2.50. 

She says now she wished she had waited to buy mine. 😂 


She also found two advent calendars for cats where every day has a can of cat food in it
 for 24 days. She paid $10 each and bought two of them. So she got 48 cans of cat food for $20, which works out to be 42 cents per can. Walmart sells these size cans for 70 cents, so this is a savings of $13.44.

They also had bags of M & Ms for $1.60, so she got one bag of those and some Harry Potter ornaments as well. 

As for me, I looked at all they had to offer, but didn’t see anything that I needed, so I didn’t spend any money. It was fun to look at what was offered this year though

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree



16 comments:

  1. I haven't ventured out. Sounds like you found a deal or two.
    All our stores were either out of or had put away just about all Christmas stuff by Thursday last week. I'd say you were lucky to find anything.
    Stay safe. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey said when she went before Christmas they didn’t have much stuff then. I wonder if they ordered less this year just in case. No telling.

      I hope you have a great week too, Cheryl.

      Delete
  2. Very nice savings on the cat food. I also went to Walmart yesterday and was surprised to see many decorations and gift wrap still available. The food was wiped out though. I only bought a book for DS and some new LED lights for the porch.

    I've noticed Dollar General had very little Christmas inventory last week too. I'm guessing it has to do with the huge backlogs at the ports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ms. Goose. I forgot that Bailey did buy some strings of lights too. She likes to use them year round and they do burn out sometimes, so she will have some to replace them if they do that this year.

    That makes sense about the backlog at the ports. I hadn’t thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a refill my wrapping paper year so bought quite a bit. I saw the Harry Potter ornaments and they would have been good for a fan. Sorry about the tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. Yes, the Harry Potters ornaments are perfect for HP fans.

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to get the tree taken care of so quickly. Sounds like Bailey found some good deals. I haven't ventured out yet, but I was hoping to find some rolls of red ribbon for cheap since I wrap it around the porch posts for Christmas. I think it makes it look like candy canes although ds thinks they look like barbershop poles. ;)
    Hope you have a good week and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I love the red ribbons on the white poles. They look so festive. I hope you’re able to find some.

      Delete
  6. Our Walmart was out of cards before Christmas, or at least I couldn't find any.

    Glad you got the tree taken care of and there was no damage from it falling.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Bailey also mentioned Christmas supplies were short before Christmas.

      Delete
  7. Sorry about your tree ..Bailey found some good deals though.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. I hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  8. Been out to a few places but I want things marked down 75 to 80 percent. 50% not enough, see what a scrooge I am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Scrooge, Kim...just wanting a great deal! I’m with you on that. :)

      Delete
  9. Good buys, Bailey! Especially the cat food!
    I still have enough wrapping paper for the next three Christmases, and have so many Christmas decorations it is ridiculous. I could use some spools of tulle since the is what I use as ribbon, but it will be on sale at various times during the year so I will buy it then. I am just not feeling getting out around people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I understand that feeling of not wanting to get out around people. I stayed in the car while she went into one of the Walmart’s. I hope you find lots of tulle this year at great prices. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...