Friday, March 8, 2019

Frugal Friday March 8, 2019

Welcome to Friday! I'm happy because I am feeling better and at three o'clock today we will be on Spring Break for a week. 

Days Worked:

This week I worked all five days, so I'm definitely happy it's Friday. I'm looking forward to having the next week off. 

The weather turned off cold on Sunday evening and I had to bring out my big winter coat. It was 27 degrees in the morning. We had to salt the stairs as they were iced over from all the rain. 

My daughter went sourcing yesterday and ended up at Ingle's where she found two great deals. 

The first one was two of these corned beef roasts. They were originally over $12, but on mark down they were $5.99, so she bought two of them and I already have them in the freezer. 


The second great deal she found was on corn tortillas. This was not in the sale flyer, but was an in-store special. These corn tortillas were only 50¢ each! 



These make other foods in your home stretch to make great meals. We use them on a regular basis. We bought twenty of them as they freeze well and we'll use them to make great frugal meals. 


She also found two pizzas on markdown at Kroger priced at $2.99 and $3.49. She made them for dinner on Thursday and we had plenty leftover for lunches today.


She was so sweet, she even packed my lunch for me today. 


Dinners This Week:

Saturday: Homemade Pizza, Salad
Sunday: Tacos with lettuce, cheese, tomato, and onion
Monday:  Taco Salad
Tuesday: Chicken & Dressing, Mixed Vegetables
Wednesday: Homemade Chili
Thursday: Pizza
Friday: Chicken & Dressing as we still have some left. 
 
Other Stuff:

Our garbage man quit in February, but I was already able to hire someone new to take his place. I advertised on my Facebook page (which was free) and had someone new in about five minutes. 

Since I work as a sub and know the majority of students at the high school many of them are willing to do this small job for what we're paying. 

I've been playing Scrabble online for free this week. It really helps to keep my brain active, which is good for the aging process and it's also fun to try and come up with the best words. 

That's all the news I have from here this week. Thank you all so much for your concern with me being sick. It meant a lot to me. I hope you have a great weekend. 

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

20 comments:

  1. What great grocery deals. Your daughter has a good eye.
    It has been cold here as well, and this weekend temps are supposed to start rising a bit. YAY!
    Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I'm looking forward to warmer weather. :)

      Delete
  2. Meal stretching buys are a great find. As we are eating less and less meat, I find a little meat goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sam. Stretching meat is great on the family budget too.

      Delete
  3. Wow, just wow about the corned beef. Here the lowest I have seen it is 3.99 a pound.
    Also great deal on the tortillas. Anything that makes a meal better is great, bargain price is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Anne. Thanks. They had more of the corned beef, but two was plenty for us.

      Delete
  4. Corned beef has been inexpensive around here this year. Aldi's had them for $1.99 a pound and then today I was in my regular market and point cut was $1.69 a pound. My friend bought one for $5.98. I bought one in Aldi's for a little over $6. Last year you couldn't touch them they were so expensive, I don't know what's going on but we will happily enjoy it.

    Glad you are finally on the mend Belinda! Have a great week off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou. I'm so glad to be feeling better. Three weeks was long enough to be sick. You've found some great deals on corned beef too. I know I didn't buy any last year, so I'm glad to have it this year.

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful spring break, Belinda.

    My spring break also started today. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo Hoo! LOL I hope you have a great Spring Break too, Nil. :)

      Delete
  6. I always love it when you share stories of Bailey. She is just the sweetest girl. I hope you have a great Spring break with lots of rest. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play a game called Wordscapes, for similar reasons. I love it. I've gotten almost everyone in my family obsessed with it. We are all word game people. :-)

    That is a great deal on the tortillas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wordscapes sounds like a fun game. We have Boggle too, which is a word game as well. They are fun as they challenge you. We need to get that out this week and play it. :)

      Delete
  8. Bailey is one of those great kiddos we would all enjoy! :) Nice knowing you have 7 days at home, isn't it? Unaware of your sub pay, but DH earned $10 daily in 1970 when he subbed as a side-position in Memphis City School System. He subbed in Algebra 6 weeks one time. Do you prefer days in one class or subject? Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like subbing in the electives like art, gym, and band. I really like the gym because students can be loud and I get to see another side to them other than being quiet and working. It's a lot of fun to see them hustle. But I love history and reading. I subbed in Home Ec this week and that was fun. I almost always enjoy the classes I sub in except when it's been a rough day. I love teaching 6th grade Math as I feel like I can actually help students to understand the math.

      I love knowing that I have 7 days at home. I've already accomplished several things I've wanted to do.

      Bailey has been at it again with her bargains, I'll have more to show in this coming Friday's frugal blog post.

      Delete
  9. Glad you are feeling better. Have a great week off. You daughter got some great deals. You taught her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marybeth. I hope you have a great week too. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...