Sunday, October 14, 2018

Frugal Friday - October 5, 2018


The Freeosk at Walmart went a little crazy this week and gave us eleven samples of Johnson's Bedtime Lotion instead of the one it normally gives.  


A friend at work gave me a couple of figs from her mother's fig tree. They were delicious. One of the men from the Navy came to school for recruiting and gave me a free cup and stress ball. 

This week we have been on fall break, so I've gotten so many things done this week that I've put on the back burner. It's been a good week as a result. 

I sold two things on eBay this week and have $30 extra dollars to show for that. Today I worked on cleaning up my store and listing a couple of more items on there. 

We went to multiple yard sales over the weekend. The only item I bought this weekend was a blanket for $1.00. I like blankets in the living room as a throw for when cold weather comes. 

Gave my daughter a trim at the back of her neck. She cuts her own hair, but this section if hard for her to do, so I did it for her. Savings = $13.00.

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a Freeosk. Our Walmart has nothing like that. How cool.
    Glad you got a break from school to catch up.
    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. :) We have three Walmarts that we can shop at ,but ly one of them has the Freeosk. I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  2. I too have never seen a freeosk at our Walmart. :)
    It's good that you got a lot done, Belinda. Those breaks are precious, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are, Nil. The just go by too fast. LOL

      Delete
  3. The Sam's Club closest to us has Freeosks. How funny that you got so much lotion!

    I too am a huge fan of blankets in the living room; in the cooler months, I always have one draped over my legs. I actually have to stop myself from buying more at yard sales and such, because I already have so many. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Stephanie. My daughter wants to stop me from buying blankets too and kitchen stuff. LOL

      Delete
  4. 9 days without subbing must have been wonderful.

    34 years ago when my youngest was age 9, she and her playmate could not wait to accompany me grocery shopping on Saturday morning. Freeosks! Still, I see their smiles and hear their giggling. Today, we most often see Freeosks at Sam's and Costco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...that is so sweet, Anna. Good memories with you daughter and her playmate. Nine days of not subbing was terrific. It was a nice break.

      Delete
  5. The Freosk gives a different thing every week. The one you go so many of is the worst thing I have gotten there. Hopefully, you like it better than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. We saw a new one last week and it was empty. Must be one of those that gets used a lot

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...