Friday, February 23, 2018

Frugal Week of February 19, 2018

Payday came this week and I paid all the household bills. It's a good feeling and gives me peace of mind to have everything paid for the month. 

Using my Sears/Kmart Shop Your Way reward points I was able to pick up a free water filter for our kitchen faucet and a new pillow for my bed. We had both items on our list of things we needed, but saved money by picking up these for free. 

I received a free $25 gift card to Amazon from Norton for remaining on their anti virus protection plan for another year. 

I returned three pairs of pants that were not the right size for me to wear. No sense in paying for something that does not work. 

I listed several items for sale on Ebay this week. One of them sold about four hours after I listed it, which was pretty neat.  In the end I sold three items this week for a total of $60. 

I like to watch the Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners TV show from the UK on YouTube and found a couple of things they do that's interesting. 


Some of the cleaning people use a steam cleaner after they have cleaned a surface to then sanitize the area. I've been wanting to sanitize my shower recently, so I bought one from Lowe's this week. 

I also used it on my oven and was surprised at how well it cleaned a few areas of grime that I thought would never come off the oven. It's actually been fun, so I've been entertaining myself with cleaning this week.  

My daughter has four pairs of pants that no longer fit, but had masking tape on them, which has left an adhesive residue behind. I used Goo Gone to get rid of the adhesive and now she can sell them for extra money. 

My daughter had her oil changed this week by her uncle, a professional auto mechanic, and he only charges $20 for supplies. This is much cheaper than having it done anywhere else. 

My daughter had to return an item to Walmart this week, so I rode along with her to pick up some bags of frozen vegetables, which were priced at 84¢. I bought enough to fill the freezer above my refrigerator. 

The temperature here on Thursday broke the record at 80 degrees. We have every fan in the house running trying to cool the house. I am still not going to turn on the a/c. It's supposed to cool down this next week and I hope it does. 

I hope you all have had a frugal week in your home too.  :)

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

12 comments:

  1. "....so I've been entertaining myself with cleaning this week."
    Best frugal entertainment ever! lolz
    I sure wish I could get now retired Hubs to take up a free hobby.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sluggy. I hope you can get your hubs to take up a hobby too. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the info and good tips! I am working on being more frugal! It is amazing how much money we waste. Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Beverly. I'm so glad you enjoy reading my blog. Best of luck to you on your frugal journey. :)

      Delete
  3. You did very well this week with your bargains and sales. Good planning on your part.

    We had warm weather here, as well and I loved having the heat shut off for two days saving some oil. Every little bit helps.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou. Every little bit certainly helps. I hope you have a good weekend too. :)

      Delete
  4. West TN broke heat record this week, too. You, however, win the heat prize. Good news about eBay and gift card. 84-cent veggie bags save with cost and your freezer's electricity use. Every penny counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. Every penny does count. Hope you two are keeping cool this week.

      Delete
  5. Great price on your veggies!

    We have been having the warmer than usual temps, too. Its actually been very spring like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shara. A lot of our budding trees are in bloom

      Delete
  6. Forgot to mention my being a YouTuber like you. :) I have seen many Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, including the episode above. Years ago on TV, I watched Kim and Aggie clean filth. TLC?

    Quite a few different YouTube shows, I often hurry through episodes, but I do enjoy cleaning methods. A compulsive cleaner saying that her toilet is so clean that she can drink from the toilet and did make me want to toss my cookies, though.

    Glad you wrote about cleaning with the clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really like watching them clean up those grimy places, Anna. And I agree about her drinking from the toilet. Yuck! Never, ever. LOL I cleaned my oven so well last week when I was off. I love looking at it. LOL

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...