Friday, October 18, 2024

Third Frugal Friday of October 2024

 Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

Last Friday I woke up to 40 degrees outside and 37 on Tuesday, so it's definitely getting colder here, which it always does around Bailey's birthday, which was Thursday. The temperature inside the house was 65 and then 62, so I put a sweater on to keep warmer. 

I love this time of year as our air conditioner isn't runner and neither are our heaters, so we are only using around 35 kilowatts per day, which means a lower electric bill. 

I had an eye doctor appointment for eye injections on Tuesday, and we went to Publix afterwards. They had given me a bouquet of flowers for free for being a rewards member for four years, so I gave them to Bailey for her birthday. They had my favorite Siggi's yogurt on sale priced at ten for $10, so I bought ten of those. 

Freebie & Joy of the Week


Someone listed a free desk on Craigslist this week, so I now have a new to me desk. Some of the drawer pulls were hanging off, but Bailey had some drawer pulls she picked up second hand, so rather than pay for new ones, I used the ones she had on hand.
 Having spent no money, the desk and its drawer pulls are the epitome of frugal. 

Photo of the Week

Bailey's Birthday Flowers

Savings of the Week


I have to share this good deal. Amazon has Royal sugar free lime gelatin on sale for 65% off. You can get a 12 count box for $4.86, which makes them 41 cents per box. Great value is up to 98 cents. There is a limit of 5 total, so 60 boxes for $58.80 at Walmart verses $24.60 at Amazon, is a  savings of $34.20. Only the sugar free lime is on sale right now. 

When I make gelatin I use two boxes. One way I've saved money on this dish is by using one envelope of plain gelatin in place of one box of flavored gelatin. The flavored gelatin stretches to flavor the plain gelatin and it saves money. 

Two teaspoons of Knox gelatin is equal to one box of gelatin. There are over 70 servings in the container of Knox priced at $21.99, which makes the "box" 31 cents each. By using an equivalent amount of the Knox I will save 67 cents. I eat gelatin with fruit just about every day, with a scoop of cottage cheese, so the savings will add up over time. 

Avoiding Spending

We didn't avoid any spending this week as I had to buy a few things for Bailey's birthday on Thursday. We went to Publix for a free rewards deal of flowers, and yogurt, which was on sale, and a free tub of ice cream for her birthday. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


4 comments:

  1. How nice that you got the birthday flowers for Bailey! Happy birthday to her. The desk was an awesome freebie! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really tickled about the desk and have enjoyed it every day since we got it.

      Delete
  2. I do love Publix for their customer service. THe flowers are great and a lovely thing to pass on to Bailey!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...