Friday, March 29, 2024

Final Frugal Friday of March 2024

 




Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

xdcMy Frugal Week

On Sunday I spoke with the people at the church across the road. I let them know that Dad passed away and we would be selling that land next to theirs. They had previously asked me about their parking lot, which Mom owns with her land. 

I told them we were working on the paperwork with the attorney and would be getting in touch with them soon.

They were so sweet and offered to bring Dad's tractor implements across the road for us since the hydraulics went out on Dad's tractor. Wasn't that sweet of them? 

On Tuesday, I stripped my bed and washed all my bed clothes. 

Both the red buds and the dogwoods are in bloom here this week.

Freebies

The reason I went out on Sunday was to go to the Safe Haven Animal Rescue Program (SHARP) pet food giveaway. It's on a first come first serve basis for people in the county where we live. 

They gave us two bags of cat food equaling thirteen pounds plus a container of cat litter. They also offered us wet cat food, but I turned that down for someone else who might need it as our cats prefer dry food anyway. 


I went to the dermatologist Thursday for my annual checkup and they gave me two of these All free and clear samples. They are good for at least four loads of laundry. 

What I've been Reading This Week

I'm currently reading Little Fires Everywhere, which is written by Celeste NG. Bailey and I are both reading it together in anticipation of watching the first season of the TV miniseries. The story reminds me of The Stepford Wives because this story is about a picture perfect family whose lives get upended by a mother daughter duo. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the land and making a good deal with the church.
    Hope you and Bailey have a lovely weekend and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl. I hope you also have a lovely weekend and Easter holiday. :)

      Delete
  2. Good neighbors are the best! - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your working with the church for the land. Makes it so much easier for you knowing they want it. By the way my cat only eats dry food too! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that the church will get that land. They’ve been good neighbors to us. Yes, my cats are finicky. 😂

      Delete
  4. That was a great cat-food haul for you and the cat. Is this father's cat? Two weeks ago when we went to Cullman, there were 50 miles of redbud trees at the edge of the green trees along the interstate. It was spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, these are our cats. We just have too many but all of them are fixed. Those redbuds sound beautiful!

      Delete
  5. I suppose it's bittersweet selling the property. If you don't need the land, it's hard to have the insurance liability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don’t want to sell it, but my brother and sister do.

      Delete
  6. Love redbud trees! They are so pretty! We have forsythia blooming now, and I am enjoying the daffodils.
    Sounds like the church is a good neighbor, and I hope that everything works out for the land.
    Yay on free cat food; it has gotten so expensive, but at least there don't seem to be as many shortages. My cats are grumpy if they don't get their food when they want it. ;)
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree, Kathy. I love the redbud trees too. Forsythia is beautiful too. Mom had one in our yard in Illinois and she also has one here. We also have some daffodils that a lady that worked for my Dad years ago, dug up in an old homestead and planted them here. I need to take a picture of them when they are fully bloomed and share it here.

      LOL, yes our cats will scratch on the back door in the morning if I don't feed them early enough. LOL

      Delete
  7. I hope all goes well with setting up to sell the land. I watched the series on Netflix and loved it. Did not realize it was a book as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. We are watching Manifest right now, but when we’re done, we are going to watch the Little Fires Everywhere series.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...