Friday, February 10, 2023

Second Frugal Friday of Frugal February 2023


Welcome to Friday! 

My Frugal Week

On Monday I had a doctors appointment and stopped in at Walmart to get a few groceries. I picked up Polish sausage, chicken, ground beef, corn on the cob, green beans, peas, corn, cheese, cream cheese, milk, ramen, bread, tomato sauce, elbow macaroni, tortillas, and saltine crackers.

I had two different gift cards, one with $1.06 and one with $1.37 on it and a $25 gift card from my insurance company, which came this week, that brought my total down. 

I found some body wash on clearance and paid $2.78 for four bottles of Saint Ives and $2.37 for two bottles of Nivea. 

On a Thursday morning the power went off here for over eight hours. When it finally did come back on I made a simple meal instead of cooking from scratch. 

Freebies


On Sunday we went to the monthly Trading Post and picked up one loaf of bread, one twelve pack of buns, two onions, and a five pound bag of potatoes. With the price of groceries these days, it’s nice to be able to get a few things for free. 

Avoiding Spending

I couldn’t avoid spending this week as I was out of laundry detergent and garbage bags, and I also bought cat food for the month and then bought groceries. 

I buy the Husky large trash bags from Walmart in the 30 gallon size, in the 80 count box for $15.87, which makes them 20 cents each. 

I also bought Tide laundry detergent in the 92 ounce bottle for $12.96, which came with a $5 off my next order when I bought two. If we stick to the smallest amount of detergent when we do laundry, this will cost approximately 20 cents per load. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

We have two above the refrigerator freezers here and one of them was empty this week before I went grocery shopping. We’ve done a good job of using up the food we had in there lately. 

Meals This Week

All meals are served with either salad or vegetables and may not always be listed here. 

* If you see a dinner in bold print that means we had it more than once this week.

Beefy Baked Beans, Roasted Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables. 
Polish Sausage, Dirty Rice, Mixed Vegetables.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Potato Salad. 
Homemade Pizzas
Baked Beanie Weenies, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas. 
Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Homemade Garlic Pickles. 
Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread. 

Saving Money YouTube Videos

Poor Man’s Meals ~ What to Eat When You Have No Money

Warren Buffett ~ How to Live on an Extremely Low Income

What I've been Reading This Week

Living Cheaply with Style written by Ernest Callenbach. 

Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27





16 comments:

  1. Nick is obsessed with saltine crackers, but the price has gone crazy over the last year or so. They are super pricey in our area, but must be quite inexpensive to make. I love potato salad, but we rarely have it. That sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like how refreshing potato salad can be with dinner or lunch. The inexpensive Saltine crackers disappeared here for a while replaced by the expensive ones. Now we are able to get the inexpensive ones again and I hope they stick around.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it nice to have the skills to save instead of spend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trading post sounds neat - I wish we had something around like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, Cheryl. They just started doing it about 4 months ago. The person over the event says we all need to stick together and help each other out.

      Delete
  4. We have had fun putting together deals and getting groceries on the cheap. Today at Publix we paid $3.89 after sales, coupons and Ibotta for 2 Mission tortilla chips, a cake mix, a yogurt smoothie, a tub of cheese dip, a tiny pack of cookies, 2 Pringles. We did a similar deal last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is terrific, Lana. Do that every week and you’ll have a good stockpile in no time.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you got some great deals on the body wash, and free groceries are even better.
    I bought some polish sausage too as I was going to make some red beans and rice. I'm trying to include more beans in our meals, and I think I'll fix some bean soup next week.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really like Polish Sausage much more so than smoked sausage. Red beans and rice sounds delicious. We also need to incorporate more beans into our diet to lower our grocery costs. 😊

      Delete
  6. I am hoping that prices start to drop soon. Gas prices dropped almost 20 cents a liter here in one week.... Probably just wishful thinking though.

    You had a great frugal week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I hope the gas prices will continue to drop.

      Delete
  7. Great deal on the St Ives! I love that brand, because it works for my sensitive skin. If you have a Target near you, check their ads for $10 gc WYB 3 Tide/Bounce/Downy or $15gc WYS $50. They have these sales often. Tide is my preferred brand too & I like to stock up during those sales. I just keep rolling my gcs. I actually dilute my detergent with water. Not because I'm trying to stretch it, but because the fragrance is too strong and triggers my allergies. Our clothes still come out clean. Also, check the trash bag prices at Sams if you have a membership. I often find things are cheaper (unit price) at Sams than Walmart. Hope you & Bailey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely be checking out the prices and places you mentioned. We are members at Sam’s club, so I will check there on the garbage bags too. Thank you for the heads up!

      Delete
  8. (Little Penpen) I try to stock up on laundry detergent from Krazy Koupon Lady deals. I am on my last container and haven’t seen any great deals lately. Everything is so costly now days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Everything seems to cost so much more. I downloaded KKL app to see about her good deals. I didn’t know she had an app.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...