Monday, January 23, 2023

Soup Season ~ Create Your Own Soup ~ Universal Soup Recipe


A steaming bowl of soup can be a hearty and healthy meal. You can use food from your pantry, freezer or leftovers from your refrigerator. You can make a tasty soup in about 30 minutes following this universal soup recipe with seven easy steps. 

Each stockpot of soup will serve approximately four adults. 


Create Your Own Soup


1. Choose One Fat

2. Peel and Chop One Onion

3. Choose One Broth

4. Choose One Protein 

5. Choose One Starch

6. Choose 2 to 3 Cups Vegetables

7. Choose 1 or more Seasonings 



1. Choose one fat.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 tablespoons olive oil 

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons margarine

Heat in large stockpot on stove.

2. Peel and chop 1 onion

Add to pot and cook over medium heat until tender.

3. Choose one broth to add to the pot.

2 (16-ounce) cans chicken, beef or vegetable broth.


4 cups water plus chicken, beef or vegetable bouillon. 


1 (16-ounce) can crushed or diced tomatoes and 3 cups water.


4 cups milk and chicken bouillon or soup base. 

4. Choose one protein to add.

1 pound cooked beef, chicken, ham, or sausage, chopped. 


1 can beef, chicken, or ham.


1 can beans, drained and rinsed.

5. Choose one starch

3 cups diced potatoes.

4 ounces dry egg noodles, elbow macaroni, or pasta. 

1 and 1/2 cups leftover cooked noodles. 

1/2 cups uncooked rice.

1 and 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice. 

6. Choose 2 to 3 cups chopped vegetables (fresh, frozen or canned) add to stockpot.

Broccoli

Cabbage

Carrots

Cauliflower

Celery

Squash

Corn

Peppers

Green Beans

Mushrooms

Peas

7. Choose one or more seasonings, add to stockpot and simmer 20 to 25   minutes or until vegetables are tender.

1 to 2 teaspoons dried herbs 
(oregano, basil, cumin, chili powder, thyme, rosemary, parsley, etc.)
Bay leaf (remove before serving
Minced garlic
1 to 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs (add five minutes before serving)

Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27



26 comments:

  1. Yum! I love soup, and your universal soup recipe sounds great! Thank you!
    Since I have been sick, I've been making pastina or orzo soup which is just chicken broth, orzo, parmesan and egg, sort of an italian chicken soup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome, Kathy. Your orzo soup sounds delicious. The Chinese restaurant here serves a very simple chicken broth with a mushroom thrown in, I don’t know what the flavor is, but it is so good.

      Delete
  2. I love how you've organized all this. For people not used to making soup it will make it much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it makes making soup easier too. 😊

      Delete
  3. nothing better than homemade soup. I think I'll make veggie soup tomorrow to use up some veggies in the fridge........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Gil. Vegetable soup is one of my favorite soups. I made Chicken and Rice soup for dinner tonight.

      Delete
  4. I love homemade soup and you have set out the steps wonderfully.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone has never made soup, this recipe will be a boon. I have made soup for so long, that it is automatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent and timely post! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really Confused and find this article Really Helpful Thanks for Write this Post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm printing this one...oh the soup you could make. Today I have ham so here it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope it turns out wonderful, Vickie. 😊

      Delete
    2. That is so great, Vickie. I’m going to try it with ham soon. Thank you for letting us know. 😊

      Delete
  9. I love homemade soup. They are great in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the perfect soup and chili weather.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...