Friday, November 5, 2021

Frugal Friday ~ November 5, 2021



Welcome to Friday! 

Quote of the Week
Family ties may lengthen to accommodate distance, but they are never broken. ~ John Boy Walton
My Frugal Week

This week was mostly spent at home, although I had my final eye dr appointment on Thursday, which worked out well as that was the day Taco Bell was giving away a free taco. So, I made sure to go by and get one.

Bailey taught me another aspect of her business this week and she will be paying me for my work. I still barter with her on our cell phone plan. I process and steam for her and she pays the cell phone bill each month. 

Earning Money

I earned $5.00 on another survey from the Consumer Opinion Institute. Rather than keeping it in my wallet, since I was by the bank I went ahead and put it in my checking account. 

Avoiding Spending

I couldn’t avoid spending any money this week either since I had my last eye dr appointment. I filled up my gas tank and bought another $10 eye drop RX. Gas is up to $3.09 per gallon here, so it cost me $42.00 to fill my car up. Ouch!

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

It is chilly here this week, so we broke out the herbal teas. A nice warm cup in the morning is enough to help take the chill off. 

Meals This Week

Friday: Chili Tacos

Saturday: Chicken, Rice, and Broccoli

Sunday: Chicken, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Spinach Salad, Carrots. 

Monday: Macaroni and Cheese, Salad

Tuesday: Macaroni and Cheese with Chili, Salad

Wednesday: 15 Bean Soup with Onions & Italian Sausage, Potatoes and Carrots

Thursday: Chicken Strips, Fries, Cole Slaw

Freebies

The birthday freebies were still coming for Bailey this week. She had a $5 cash from Kohl’s to spend and got this potholder for free. 

That is all the news to report on our frugal week in Tennessee. Thank you for dropping by, you are always welcome here. We would love to hear about your week in the comment section.

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree




If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting this site. 

 1. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small percentage that helps me to earn a living. Any items you place in your cart from one of my links means I will earn a small percentage from that sale. 

16 comments:

  1. Meals sound yummy yet again! Good barter.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week!
    Can't beat free tacos, yum!
    You and Bailey have worked out a good plan to help both of you. Hope her business is doing well.
    It has been chilly here too. I have had to scrape my windshield a couple of mornings this week. Good thing I gathered the last of my garden veggies although there wasn't much left.
    Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Kathy...already scrapping the windshield. Brrr! It must be really cold there. I feel your pain. I’m not ready for the cold, but it is coming and I do prefer it to the hot summer time here.

      I hope you have a great weekend too. :)

      Delete
  3. Good use of the freebies. I'm happy for you that your eye surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your menu choices. Great selection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindi. I appreciate you visiting my blog.

      Delete
  5. It all sounds great to me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to iron my work uniforms and I paid her. It was a great setup for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how neat, Penny. That would be a great setup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great menu choices. Bailey did very well on the freebies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I hope you had a great weekend. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Brenda: A few months ago I asked you for your cabbage roll recipe. I prepared it for dinner last week and we ( hubby) loved it .You mentioned you made your meatloaf recipe for the cabbage roll so since I had enough ground beef I made a meatloaf and froze it. I am not sure what makes it so tasty. Thanks you!
    P.S? There are not many frugal bloggers- is it possible you would share the blogs you follow if you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I’m so glad you and your hubby liked the cabbage roll recipe. Thank you so much for telling me. I love it when people try my recipes and end up liking them too.

      I list the bloggers I follow in the side bar to the right of the blog, right next to the posts. You can click on their name/link to get to their blogs and many of them have other blogs listed on their blogs that they follow. It’s a wonderful community of bloggers.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...