Thursday, January 30, 2020

Frugality & Older Cookbooks, Plus a Great Resource




Items like old cookbooks might seem outdated and irrelevant in this day and age, but that simply isn't true.

Some of my favorite cookbooks are from the 1970s time period. To me cookbooks from that era have recipes that are based more on cooking from scratch than they are convenience or specialty foods. 


To that end I would like to share a great resource with you.

The Internet Archive is a great place for looking up old cookbooks. There are multiple cookbooks on thrifty cooking as well, such as this one for Most for your Money cookbook. 

Membership is free and you can even borrow books online for up to two weeks. 


Of course this resource offers much more than just cookbooks, so be sure to check it out when you have some extra time. 


Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

16 comments:

  1. Love the older cookbooks. SO many frugal and easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for the cookbook I lost when my house was destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, and use, many of the recipes from my old red and white "Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook". The copyright is listed as 1969. My favorite sourdough bread recipe is from a 1973 "Better Homes and Gardens Homemade Bread Cook Book". The original price tag is still on it...$2.65

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had a copy of that one when I was first married. I learned to cook many things using that cookbook.

      Delete
  4. Have you ever found a recipe that just asked for convenient ingredients. Like a bag of this and a bag of that? I mean recipes that use convenience foods. I think that is a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kim. I saw a cookbook one time dedicated to that.

      Delete
  5. Oh, that's great. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old cookbooks.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Belinda! Thank you ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...