Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thursday

We've been gone from home the last week because we've been pet sitting for some extra income. We spent four days with a couple of furry friends, but we are back home now and getting things unpacked and back into order. 

Yard sales were rained out last weekend, unfortunately. We did go to one rummage sale that was still advertised, but it was cancelled due to the rain also. We did find one yard sale open where I found a new to me lunch box by Fit & Fresh ($1.00) and two really thick potholders for 25¢ each. 

While we were out and about we did use one of the receipts I had to pick up a free Route 44 drink from Sonic. Sometimes they give you receipts with a survey on them to get a free drink at a later date. I picked out a strawberry lemonade and it was so good and refreshing. 

This week I earned another $5 gift card for Amazon from Microsoft Rewards. 

While we were out of town we were very close to a store called Dirt Cheap that a friend told me about recently. We decided to check it out, but when we got there we realized that only a very small section of the store was marked 90% off. 

Like every other store, they have some good deals and then some not so good deals. 


The one deal I found was on canned peas, which are marked 80¢, but were 50% off, but rang up for 32¢. I only bought three this time, but might buy more if we do go back. It's a distance from our house, but if we find ourselves at any yard sales that way we might stop in again. 

If you love Hidden Valley Ranch you may want to join their rewards program. I just got a coupon in the mail for a free Hidden Valley Ranch product. Just go to HiddenValley.com to sign up if you're interested. 


In My Frugal Kitchen:

This week I made a recipe that I've been making for the last twenty-five years and is called Chicken Santa Fe. 

Place three chicken breasts in the  bottom of a slow cooker. I also added a chopped up onion for flavor. Add a little water for it to cook. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder to taste. 

After a few hours cut up the chicken and add one can of corn, one can of tomatoes, one can of black beans, and one eight ounce block of cream cheese. When the cream cheese melts be sure to stir it well. Enjoy!

On Thursday my daughter and I were able to get in on some really cheap Subway sandwiches. We received $25 in credits from Postmates to use as $5 off each of our five next Postmates orders. We used ours on Subway and were able to pick up Subway Veggie Delights for 4¢ each. If you're interested in this deal you can click here to get the credit.

That's all the news I have from here for now. I hope you all are doing well. 

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good week. Dirt Cheap sounds like a neat place - don't have that around here.
    Thanks for the Hidden Valley tip!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Cheryl. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda,
    What a great idea of pet sitting for extra income this summer break! Sounds, too, like your daughter is a chip off the block and quite savvy about different income ideas herself! You all are great inspirations to others might not have many ideas, but who are willing to get up and "git 'er done".
    So glad to see a blog today. Sure missed you all the past week:) Blessings to you!

    Pam,
    Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam. Hopefully things will settle down now and I can get up more blogs posts. Yes, my daughter is a go getter and can give me a run for my money. LOL I hope you are having a wonderful summer.

      Delete
  4. Chicken Santa Fe sounds delicious and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe, Belinda. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Nil. I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  5. Ok now I NEED to come there, pick you up and go to DIRT CHEAP! They named that sort in my honor, right? lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sluggy! It was named in honor of you. LOL...it's a chain store if you can believe that. I loved the name the minute I heard it. LOL

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a good recipe. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. I'm going back on a savings and frugal bender come July after spending so much in May and June on home updates and graduation. I've committed to no new stuff in the house, continuing to purge what we didn't before the party, so while not garage saling myself, can appreciate this is the time of year. I am looking for a comfortable butterfly or round/disc shaped chair for my daughter for her dorm room though. It might be worth stopping at a few to keep an eye out as many college kids move form forms into apartments and upgrade to couches. Great deals you found on the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. Best of luck on your search for the butterfly or round disc chair for your daughter. I hope you find one soon. Best of luck to you too as you go back on your savings and frugal bender. You can do it. :)

      Delete
  8. $1 for a Fit and Fresh lunch box is a deal. Did you care for the same pets as in the past, which gave you somewhat of a vacation? It was a week of deals for you. Treats! Have a restful weekend filled with smiles.
    memphis-metro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we cared for the same pets as in the past. They are such sweet dogs. I miss them when don't get to see them as much.

      I thought the Fit and Fresh lunch box was such a great deal and it is very roomy, which I like since I tend to use containers in my lunch.

      I hope you have a good weekend. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...