Friday, May 11, 2018

Frugal Friday ~ May 11, 2018


One day this week I subbed in a room with no microwave, so I brought my lunch in my mini crock pot, so it was good and hot when I was ready to eat lunch. 

This week I was able to sub four days having Wednesday off for my birthday. My Dad is in town for a visit too, so I will get to spend some time with him. 

Other Frugal Tips

It's been about two years ago now that my outdoor freezer tripped the breaker and we lost everything inside. 

At that time I cleaned it out and put in several gallons of water, which froze and remain in there to this day. 

The freezer used to trip the breaker regularly and I considered buying a freezer alarm. But the freezer has not tripped the breaker in all this time and I have to attribute that to the frozen jugs of water. 

It's a long time frugal hint to put jugs of water in your fridge, freezer, and toilet to help with efficiency. I have to say that it really works and has helped our freezer to be more efficient, not work as hard, and save money on our electric bill. 

Free Entertainment

I've been reading Food Budget Diaries over at the Kitchen. They are not always frugal, but some are fun to read. 

This week I perused the grocery store sale ads online. The schools have not been getting the newspapers lately, so online it is for now. 

I won't do a big grocery shopping trip right now as we are going to be pet sitting in Chattanooga for eleven days while our friend goes to Paris. I'll wait until we return to do a big grocery run. 

We enjoyed dinner out two nights this week thanks to free birthday dinners I received. I'll write more about those in this week's, What We Ate post. 

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

6 comments:

  1. Have you considered consulting with an electrician regarding that circuit breaker? Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It’s been cleared by an electrician , Carol. The back porch faces the afternoon sun and gets really hot, so we installed blinds to cool it down out there which, helped a lot.

      Delete
  2. I have a small Forman grill at work and use it at least once a week for grilled cheese. I have been looking for one of these crockpots.

    My sister had an unexpected hospital visit and asked me to clean out her fridge. I added about $15 of free food to my fridge. It allowed me to stretch out my shopping. Saved time and money.

    Here's something to make you laugh. She also gave me leftover condiment and spice packets. I got a bunch of stuff. But I am trying to figure out why they gave her tartar sauce for her spagetti, salad, and garlic knot meal.

    Happy Birthday and have a good visit.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that is funny, Amy. That's great to have a GF grill at work for hot sandwiches like grilled cheese. I have a friend who used to bring her crock pot to work to make things like pinto beans for dinner. She used to come by my house and offer me some on her way home. It was great.

      Delete
  3. A paid vacation in one of my favorite cities! Yay for you, Belinda. As I read, I was planning my days "with you" in Chattanooga. I have been re-reading Helen Exum's Chattanooga Cookbook. One feature, unusual for a cookbook, is an elementary school, where DH taught. Anticipate your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so neat, Anna. We are so looking forward to our trip. We've been packing and getting ready for our adventure for sure. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...