Friday, May 18, 2018

Frugal Friday ~ 5-18- 2018

My Dad came for a visit last week and we were able to spend time with him on Friday & Saturday. 

We went to the Provident thrift store with Dad and they were giving away green peppers. This is the same place where we got the free power greens in March. 


Each family was limited to two bags. When I got home we had twelve green peppers. So, I washed them and cut them up and made six bags with them. They are now safely tucked into my freezer to use as needed. 



Swagbucks had a special Mother's Day Collector's Bill for Mother's Day and I won my search and earned 13 Swagbucks

Swagbucks

I was able to get two free 8x10 prints at Walgreens this week thanks to Hunt4Freebies. I was also able to get a free 8x10 from Snapfish this week too. 

My daughter sold our old printer on Ebay and made about $2.50 on it. Normally we would have just tossed this, but I think it's better to have sold it for a small amount than toss it. 

I forgot to mention this in my yard sale Saturday post, but we came across a free yard sale last week. We picked up several articles of clothing for free from a free church yard sale. My daughter offered to make a donation, but they wouldn't accept it. 

This week I was able to work three days and could have worked all five days, but didn't since we are in Chattanooga and pet sitting for the week. 

We are going to yard sales today and Saturday this week. How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. Those peppers look so fresh! Are they blessings from a local farmer? how nice! I'd have cut up 1/2, like you did, then made what I call "pepper cups" (cut tops off, straight across, remove the stem and chop the rest of the top up. Hollow out the pepper cup and freeze as is.). I use the pepper cups while still frozen, in a crock pot to make stuffed pepppers-so good! I have finally amassed enough on the crash n burn produce rack that stuffed peppers are on the menu either this month or next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Carol. I love that idea. Yes, these are from a local farmer trying to help out. I'm so glad we were there at the right time.

      Delete
  2. A FREE yard sale - now there is a concept. First I ever heard of that. COOL
    Nice on the peppers - they are always nice to have on hand.
    Glad you got to visit with your dad.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to find free peppers.
    I also make stuffed peppers, and I never thought of freezing them.

    Hope you will find great deals at yard sales this weekend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great freebies! Unfortunately for me, green peppers bother me. But, luckily I have found great markdowns of red ones in the reduced veggie area of one of our stores. I also cut them and freeze them so I always have them available. I do the same with onions, especially if I didn't use the whole onion I cut the rest of it and freeze it as well.

    A friend and I went to a church thrift store yesterday to visit with someone we volunteered with at the food pantry. Unfortunately, she wasn't working, but I managed to find 4 hardcover books at $.50 each. They will be passed on to friends once I read them.

    You did so well at your yard sales, good luck this week, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou. Oh, I LOVE the red peppers, they are so good and sweet. It's great to find the markdowns on those as they are more expensive than the green ones. What a great find on the books at the thrift store! Thank you, again. We did have a great time at yard sales this weekend. I'll be blogging about that soon. Hope you have a great week. :O)

      Delete
  5. Great yard-sale deals, Belinda. If I had to sell for so little, I would not have a yard sale. Not worth the effort, which is the reason we give most unneeded items to others, not to thrift stores to re-sell. We place items in driveway with FREE signs, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would do the free signs too if we lived in town, Anna. I think that is a great way to give things away. I did well when I had yard sales. I sold low but had volume so it made it worth my while. Some yard sales have so few things though, I wonder why the people even bother.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...