Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer Time means Gazpacho

www.SusanBranch.com
Summertime means plenty of vegetables around here. 

One of my favorite summer time soups is Gazpacho and this recipe from Susan Branch is one of my favorite cold soup recipes. 

This soup recipe is very refreshing and hits the spot on a hot summer day. 

Susan Branch ~ Gazpacho

Combine in your blender:

10 ounces cold tomato juice
1/2 medium cucumber, cut up
1 medium tomato, cup up
1 Tbsp sugar (I leave this out)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup salad oil (I leave this out)

To the blended ingredients add:

2 1/2 cups tomato juice
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped 
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
2 green onions, green part only, chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1 small green pepper, finely chopped (I had red on hand)

Add or subtract any vegetables you like. Serve very cold. 

SusanBranch.com
Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so delicious. I will have to pull out my Susan Branch cookbooks and find some more good recipes from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, Debbie. Susan Branch is one of my favorite authors. :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good - like something I would love. I truly don't know why I have never tried it before.
    Will definitely give it a go this summer.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Cheryl. It's definitely a keeper. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...