Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award


Guess What? Lili, from Creative Savv, has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.  I am so excited! I love to receive awards. :)

Lili has an awesome blog and I enjoy reading it every day. She blogs about things like frugal living, gardening, fruit trees, sewing, shopping at thrift stores, grocery store shopping and blogging about her monthly grocery expenses among many other things. As you can see it is right up my alley, which is why I enjoy reading there regularly.

I am honored to receive this award from Lili and I humbly accept and want to thank her here on my blog for thinking of me when it came time to nominate other bloggers.

Here's how the Beautiful Blogger Award works:
  1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. 
  2. Write something about the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
  3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
  4. Nominate other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.  No number was specified to me, but online, I found other bloggers were nominating 7 new bloggers for this award.
 Seven things about myself:

1. I absolutely love blogging. I have loved creating this blog and enjoy taking pictures and sharing them with my friends on here.  My family thinks I am nuts when I take a picture of our groceries or dinner, but I enjoy it, so I am going to keep doing it. :)

2. I was born and raised in Illinois, but now live in Tennessee. I graduated from high school in 1985 in a small town in Illinois. I moved with my parents here to Tennessee in 1986 and have been here ever since.

3. I am a single Mom. I was married in 1989 and divorced in 2000. I tell people I was married for 10 years and it took another year to get the divorce, lol. Our daughter was born in 1997. I never intended to have a child and then raise her all by myself, but that is what happened and we are doing just fine. :)

4. I am a Substitute Teacher. I sub at the middle school and high school levels. I love interacting with the students and most of them like me too, so it is a mutual admiration. When we are out of school for the summer, I miss them.

5. I love Frugality. I was first introduced to the Tightwad Gazette in 1992. I was in Target and saw it on the bookshelf and didn't buy it! Can you believe that? It took a second trip to Target before I bought the book. I also subscribed to Amy D's newsletter and still have those original newsletters. Getting one of those in the mail used to be the highlight of my day.

6. I am a prize winning chef! I've received awards for my peanut butter cookies, peach preserves, and my pickled grape tomatoes.  I have two of them on my refrigerator and one of them tucked away in my recipe box. 

7. I raise chickens. We currently have 15 chickens in our back yard and I enjoy raising them. Sometime soon I will be doing a blog post on them, so stay tuned. :)

And now, I want to spread the love and nominate 7 blogs to receive the Beautiful Blogger Award. Visit them when you have some extra time and see what you think. 


Thank you very much to Lili for thinking of me when it came time to select bloggers for this award.  I am very honored to receive this award. :)

Belinda
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2012.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for the kind words, Belinda!
    There are a few blogs I'm not familiar with on your list of nominees. I'll check them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put ones that I really like, so I hope you like them too, Lili. :) and you're welcome. :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting the Frugal Workshop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...