Monday, June 5, 2017

Make Your Own Mannequin

Last week I was looking online at mannequins that were for sale. They have a few on Ebay for $4.99, but the shipping is terribly high. I was looking at $25 or more with the shipping, so I mentioned it to my daughter and put it on the backburner. 

She has several outfits that she wants to sell and having a mannequin makes clothes look like they are supposed to look, which makes them easier to sell. We also find some great deals from time to time at yard sales and could take advantage of upselling those as well. 

On Saturday when we were shopping the 50% off Goodwill sale, my daughter bought a lamp stand and told me not to ask any questions. LOL

When I woke up Sunday morning she had a surprise for me:



She made this all by herself! Here is her dress on display, the one we bought at Forever 21 over Spring Break. 



And if you're interested in making your own mannequin, here is a video she made on how she did it.


Now I know you all are going to run out and make your own mannequins aren't you? :) 

Seriously, if you do please send me a photo, as we would love to see it.  :)

Also, don't forget to enter the giveaway we currently have going on at the Frugal Workshop for a free e-version of both of Donna Freedman's books, Your Playbook for Tough Times, Volumes 1 and 2.  

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

4 comments:

  1. DD is so talented and such a sweet girl. I love the mannequin. Yes, now I am very tempted to pick up a lamp stand the next time I am thrifting. :) I have been wanting a mannequin for sewing. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. She will be thrilled to know this. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! A lot of people who sew do this because it allows them to have something made to their shape.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...