Saturday, July 3, 2021

Frugal Friday


Welcome to Friday! 

There was no Fugal Friday post last week because of our Internet. It's been hit or miss all week here. Also, the cooling fan on my laptop went down, so it is at the shop being repaired. I am trying to type this on my tablet, so it may be shorter than usual. Yard sales were rained out yesterday and since this is a holiday weekend we stayed home from yard sales today.

My Frugal Week

My week was spent at home cleaning and doing laundry, although we did venture out of the house on Friday. We went to Target where Bailey picked up a pair of shorts and several shirts for herself. I picked up some cheese and that was it.

My Mom’s birthday is this week. I looked at a new lamp for her at Target, but didn’t like the styles they had. I came home and ordered one online at Walmart. The one in her bedroom has a short in it, so I want her to be safe. This one also has a pull chain, which she prefers.

I earned a $10 Amazon gift card this week from  MobileXpressions. 

Mom gave us three coupons from Hormel, which we used to purchase three cans of Hormel ham. They were free to us and I was grateful as it has been hard to source lately.



The cherry tomato plant is loaded with cherry tomatoes. 



We bought a new cat house at a yard sale last week. The minute we set it down Simba got inside to check it out.

We stopped at the bread outlet yesterday and picked up two loaves of Dave’s Killer bread, one loaf of cinnamon raisin bread, three packages of hot dog buns, and two loaves of regular bread all for $9.00.

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

We ate all of our leftovers this week as usual. 

We went to the Farmer's Market and bought some cucumbers and tomatoes, so I made a cucumber salad with them this week. 

Meals This Week

Sunday: Chicken Teriyaki, Rice, Stir Fried Vegetables
Monday: Hamburger Steak, Baked Potatoes. Cucumber Salad
Tuesday: Pizza Beans
Wednesday: Chicken Strips, Mashed Potatoes, Cole Slaw
Thursday: Cheesy Potatoes, Cucumber Salad
Friday: Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Beans

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree


16 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda :) Your photo of Simba is adorable lol...made me giggle how he or she fit perfectly in that "window"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rain. I loved how he fit perfectly in the window too. 😂

      Delete
  2. Sounds like another great frugal week. The photo of Simba is so cute, looks like the house has been approved. Great menu for the week. Have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I hope you have a safe holiday weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Another good week for you.
    I checked out the recipe for pizza beans. It sounds like something we would really enjoy, but I will have to wait until the fall to try it. TheHub does not like anything resembling soup or stew during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. Yes, the pizza beans are like a thick stew, so I would wait for fall on that too. It;s really good with Parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella.

      Delete
  4. Hope the laptop is an easy and frugal spend. The cathouse is adorable!
    Love your menu - sounds tasty to me. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I hope so too. I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  5. I get so frustrated with my internet. It is so slow.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I feel your pain, Kim. It is so frustrating when you’re trying to run a business.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had another wonderfully frugal week. Love the door to the cat house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat house is adorable!! Yay! On free ham! Sounds like a good week! My little tomatoes are being eaten by squirrels before they turn red. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I’m sorry your tomatoes are being eaten by squirrels. They used to eat the peaches off our trees before we could get them ready. Those little stinkers!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the update!
    Sorry about the laptop troubles. Hope you get it back soon. Only thing worse than typing on my tablet, is trying to type on my phone and losing what I was typing.
    Yum on the tomatoes! Can't wait to taste homegrown maters. Simba is adorable in his cat house. Lion King was my son's favorite movie when he was little.
    Your meals sound so good. Will try the beans this fall. Thanks!
    Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes, it is hard to type on a tablet and a phone is even worse. But I’m grateful to have it nonetheless.

      I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July too!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...