Friday, April 23, 2021

Frugal Friday


Welcome to Friday! 

Quote of the Week

Too many people are living ABOVE their means. Stop funding today's lifestyle with tomorrow's paycheck ~ Minority Mindset

My Frugal Week

Good morning. I'm not going to do my traditional frugal Friday post today.  

Thursday marked two weeks since our second Covid vaccine, so we ventured out of the house to go to the Highway 411 yard sales


There were not very many people set up and that may have been because it was Thursday and it could be due to Covid as well. However, Bailey did find several pieces of clothing/inventory for her online shops. 

We also ventured into a grocery store. We both wore our masks and social distanced as well as we could.

I've been having trouble with my eyesight, so it was hard for me to see, much harder than it was for me the last time I was in a grocery store over one year ago. 

To help myself, I use the camera on my cellphone to take pictures of items and then zoom in on the photos to figure it out. 

I had an appointment in April of 2020 that was cancelled due to Covid. Now I have one scheduled in May. I have been unable to drive during this time and am looking forward to figuring out what is wrong. 

The world has changed since we've been in quarantine during the last year. 

Seems to me that people don't communicate as much with masks on their face, me included. 
 
I did not enjoy grocery shopping because I couldn't see yesterday. That makes me sad, but I am hopeful that my vision can be corrected next month. 

Grocery shopping has always been very enjoyable to me, but it wasn't yesterday. As a result, I did not buy very much.

I've decided that having groceries delivered to our home is much more convenient and I am willing to pay for that convenience, at least for now. 

How are you doing? Have you had a good week? I certainly hope you have.                                                                       

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

24 comments:

  1. Glad you got out into the world a bit. I am having trouble with my eyesight as well, but I do know that it is cataracts. Have to get something done this year (last year was a no go). Different kinds of light affect how I see - stores are the worst. Sunglasses help a ton even on cloudy days.
    Glad your daughter found some bargains.

    That quote is right on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. My Dad had cataract surgery in August of last year. I was able to drive him then. I hope you can get yours done this year. I'll have to remember the tip on the sunglasses. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Likely cataracts, I had that and it happened so fast, like within months. Get it looked at I am worried for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. My appointment is in May, so I will be getting them checked out soon.

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to get out for the yard sales. I hope everything is ok with your vision. Do you normally wear glasses? hopefully just a prescription change needed - fingers crossed! Excellent quote at the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I have a prescription for my eyes from about 6 yeas or so ago, but I never had to wear them much. Since then my eye sight has gotten worse.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry that you are having trouble with your eyesight. I'm glad you have a checkup, and I hope it is nothing serious and can be easily fixed.
    I bet the yard sales will pick up in may, and I hope you can enjoy shopping again.
    Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. You are so sweet. I hope yard sales do pick up in May, and I will see better by then.

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to hear that you are able to get out again! And, sending good thoughts for you on your eye sight. I hope the checkup has an easy fix for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the fun your eyes getting old and cataracts. I am super sensitive about having drops put in my eyes so the before and the after(when they drop you up)was hell but the actual surgery was a breeze. I hope it's an easy/cheap fix for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited about the joys of yard saling again, but this time I think it might be for reselling. I really think my daughters and I could have a fun time doing this together. Sending good thoughts for your eye care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank y9u, Sam. I think you and your daughters would be great at reselling.

      Delete
  8. Hi. As always, nice to hear from you every Friday. I am also sending you good thoughts for your eye care., Arlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlene. It's always so good to hear from you.

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your eyesight. I haven't noticed about communicating with other people in the stores. I think it's because I get what I need and go.
    Today it's a toss up between work in the garden or going yard sailing. Gosh they are both my favorites but your sale outing sure does entice me. Have a wonderful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. If I had to pick between gardening an yard sales, I would go to the yard sales I love them so much.
      Hope you Saturday was a good one.

      Delete
  10. Do you use bifocals? I don’t know your age, but readers were a must after 40 something!! I can’t go shopping without mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use bifocals, but realize I need them now. I need stronger readers now. I will be 54 next month. My eye dr use to ask me if I needed readers yet all thru my 40s I didn't need them then. Now that I cant see him for the last year I need them. LOl

      Delete
  11. Wishing you well with your eyesight. Hope it's an easy fix. Celie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belinda, I am so sorry about your eyes. That's not fair. I hope a lot of it is just stress. When I am super stressed my eyes have a lot of issues. I really hope it's not cataracts for you.
    I don't enjoy grocery shopping either now. It is very stressful. I am doing online orders too. People are still pretty friendly where I am. A lot of them are not masked so I won't engage them at all. I just keep my head down and ignore them. I do talk to people who are masked. I will talk to some who are not masked. I know the difference between those who really can't wear a mask to those who are just being well you know. :)
    I got first dose of Pfizer last week. It has hit me pretty hard with all sorts of side effects. I wanted this vaccine so badly. I am definitely getting second shot but wow the side effects for me have been severe. They are saying it's due to having a good strong immune system. HA! ROFL! My DH did a bit better. I was a bit dehydrated when I had first shot & I learned that really makes a difference. Second shot I am going to be hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Safyne. I'm so happy for you that you got the first shot, but sad that you've been so sick from it. I hope you are feeling better now. Once it is over, you will hopefully feel some relief.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...