Sunday, September 11, 2011

Price Matching, Sales, and Coupons


Made a run to Wal-Mart yesterday for needed supplies and did some price matching while I was there. One way I save money is by combining a sale item with a coupon, which is what I did yesterday. For example, Food Lion has the 50 ounce bottle of Wisk laundry detergent on sale this week for $3.99 and I had four coupons for $2.00 off one bottle. 


Wal-Mart normally sells this size bottle for $4.58, so I presented the Food Lion sale ad to the Wal-Mart cashier and asked her to price match the sale item. After that I handed her my four coupons, which she then deducted from my total. 


Also included in the picture are two bottles of Pantene conditioner, one can of Skintimate shaving gel, and one box from a ten pack of Minute Maid juice boxes, all paid for with free coupons. The cashier was happy for me and asked me where I got those coupons, and I was happy to share the information with her. 


The Wisk coupons came from the Sunday paper coupon inserts, while the other coupons came from liking companies on Facebook and then receiving coupons to try their products for free, which I have discussed in other posts here and here and here.  And finally, the Minute Maid coupon came from the Coke Rewards program, which I posted about here.


My total before coupons and sales was: $ 31.10

My total after price matching and coupons:  $ 7.96

Total savings:  $23.14


Belinda 
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2011. 
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

1 comment:

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...