Friday, October 11, 2024

Second Frugal Friday of October 2024

Frugal Friday

 Welcome to Frugal Friday!


My Frugal Week

There was a definite break in the weather this week as much cooler mornings took place, and the wind really kicked up here on Thursday. I checked on all my Florida family on Thursday morning and all is good with them. I hope and pray for all of those in the path of these horrible storms. 


Last Thursday I went to Target  and found these Figmint glass bowls on clearance for $3.00. We love these glass bowls and I even have some of the divided ones on my Amazon wish list. They had four left and I bought all four of them. I also found a bra marked down from $20 to $14 and two Christmas presents marked down from $9.99 to $2.99 each.

On Friday I had to go back to town for more errands. I did a couple of grocery shops to cherry pick sale items. 


At Publix, I got two jars of bread and butter pickles on markdown for $1.60 each, Fairlife milk priced at 2 for $8, which is a good sale for Fairlife and is Bailey’s favorite milk. And I bought Crest toothpaste on sale for buy one get one free, so I bought six tubes for $1.49 each, which was a great sale! They also had their salad kits buy one get one free, so I bought four of those. 

At Food Lion I picked up two bags of onions that were on sale for 2 for $5.00, which is cheaper than Walmart ($3.98) these days. I remember the days when you could get them for 99 cents. Sigh

Rather than yard sale, I stayed home last Saturday and measured and processed clothes for Bailey. She went to the Renaissance Fair in Harriman, TN, so I was on my own for dinner and rather than order pizza out, made my own at home. 


On Sunday we went to the $1 dash at the Grown Zone consignment sale in Ringgold, Georgia. I picked up a drying rack for $1.00, two pillows, one pair of reading glasses, one pair of sunglasses, one BeltBro, one Bubba glass, and one red square plate, all for $1.00 each. 

Afterwards we went to Kroger to cherry pick sale items. 

They had the Silk cashew milk, which Bailey prefers, on sale for $3.49 when you buy five, and the sell by date is way into February, so a good buy. They also had her favorite Celestial Seasonings tea, Bengal Spice, on sale for $1.99 a box when you buy five, so we got five of those too. We also found four salad kits on markdown. 

Freebies

Mother Earth News has these beautiful guide s on Self-Sufficiency for FREE! There are over one dozen to choose from and even some from sister publications. The first one I am downloading is the soup guide. There is even a free coloring book included. 

Photo of the Week


This number ten can of peaches from Kroger cost me $8.99, which is a good deal. Here is an article I wrote years ago, but updated on how you can save money by using number ten cans. Saving Money with Number Ten Cans

Saving Money YouTube Videos

Can You REALLY Feed Your Family for a Week on Just $30 from Aldi?

My 20 Item Capsule Grocery Haul | Meal Planning Made Easy



How was your week?


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. (Little Penpen) you had a great week! I like the glass dish you found. I clicked on your article about the large cans of food. I’ll be looking at those now. Do you freeze your peaches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would freeze them after opening the can and using what I needed.

      Delete
  2. I do so wish we had a Kroger here! That is a good price for the glass divided dishes. I have many, all bought bogo at Publix, but they have snaplock, must more expensive, so bought cheaply.
    We bought a car and endured the most insulting salesmen ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some of the Snapware too, which are very nice. I didn’t realize your salesman was insulting. That’s a shame. 😢

      Delete
  3. I really do like the glass dishes you found at Target. I am in the getting rid of mood rather than buying anything I don't truly need, but those look like something I would really like instead of storing most of my leftovers in glass jars I save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we’ve been slowly switching over to glass the last few years here.

      Delete
  4. You found some great deals! I love the glass containers. I've been trying to get away from plastic. Yay on finding presents too and other goodies. I did the cherry picking at stores too, and I bought the onions at Food Lion. Didn't make it to Food City, but hoping they will have another sale on canned tomatoes as I use a lot of them in the winter for chili, soups and casseroles.
    Oh I've always wanted to go to a Renaissance Faire. Did Bailey have a good time? Dress up?
    My son wanted to go on a last weekend family vacation. He had picked Tweetsie since that was the first amusement park we took him to when he was little. But NC has so much damage from Helene that everything was closed; so sad for all those folks. Ended up going to Kings Dominion, and I must say that my days of riding roller coasters are over. :D One week til his wedding, and I am so happy for them, but a little sad too in a way. A new adventure for all of us.
    Hope you have a great week filled with good times and tasty foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey had a great time and yes ,her and her friends did dress up. The people running the fair did a great job with story telling too. Yes, I am past the age of a roller coaster too, but I do like the Twister ride still. 😂

      Very sad about the folks in NC with all the flooding. My heart goes out to them.

      I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. You found some fantastic grocery deals! Well done. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best grocery deals Belinda! Well done! I sure wish my stores had such great markdowns. I'm happy to hear that your FL family's okay. I was just shocked by the pics of the devastation. I pray for everyone affected daily.

    I don't know why my comment of last week shows as Anon. So weird. Wishing you & Bailey a wonderful weekend! Ms Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered who that was last week, 😂

      The devastation in NC is unreal. It’s so hard to watch the interviews of people who have lost everything. 😢

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...